UNCOMMON EFFORT | UNITED MINDSET | SERVANT LEADERSHIP
"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear and achieve greatness, do not sit at home and thing about it. Go out and get busy!"
David Harris - Director of Athletics | University of Northern Iowa
Week of February 18, 2019
5:00pm | MS Wrestling vs. Churubusco Middle School
6:00pm | Varsity Gymnastics vs. WV/WN/Warsaw (LHS East Aux.)
Tuesday | February 19, 2019
4:30pm | 6th Grade Girls' Basketball at Westview
5:00pm | MS Girls' Basketball vs. Angola Middle School (LMS Main Gym)
5:00pm | MS Gymnastics at Angola (Central Gymnasium - Martha St.)
Wednesday | February 20, 2019
7:00pm | Staff vs. Law Dogs Charity Basketball Game (LHS Main Gym)
Thursday | February 21, 2019
5:00pm | MS Wrestling at Prairie Heights Middle School
5:00pm | MS Girls' Basketball at Elkhart Christian Academy
5:00pm | MS Gymnastics vs. West Noble Middle School (LHS East Aux.)
Friday | February 22, 2019
6:00pm | JV Boys' Basketball at Angola
7:30pm | Varsity Boys' Basketball at Angola
Saturday | February 23, 2019
5:00pm | MS Wrestling at Fairfield Super Duals (Fairfield High School)
11:00am | Varsity Gymnastics IHSAA Sectionals (Wawasee - Old Elementary Gym)
HIGH SCHOOL | SPRING SPORTS SCHEDULES
Middle School Spring Sports Schedules will be posted at a later date.
Based off of the IHSAA Semi-State Tourament that took place on Saturday, February 9th. Brian Bergman has been selected as the first alternate for the 285lb. Weight Class.
Brian will travel to Indianapolis, and MAY have the opportunity to wrestling in the IHSAA State Championship Tournament on Friday (February 15th).
If Brian is has the opportunity to wrestle, all he will need to do is win on Friday (February 15th), and he will earn a spot on the State Podum (1st - 8th place).
Brian Bergman (285) qualified to be the 1st Alternate at the IHSAA State Wrestling Meet. The meet will begin at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis on Friday, February 15th!
Brian will have a chance to wrestle if another individual doesn't make weight, or is injured before the meet.
The Middle School Wrestling team dominated Sturgis Middle School on February 11th.
Final | 83-24
The Middle School Wrestling team defeated West Noble Middle School on February 14th.
Final | 59-33
Senior, Hunter Frost, signed his National Letter of Intent on Monday, February 11th
Frost will play baseball for the Cougars of Kalamazoo Valley Community College, and head baseball coach, Cody Piechocki.
BASKETBALL & CHEERLEADING| SENIORS
Will be celebrated on Friday, February 15th between the JV & Varsity Boys' Basketball game.
ATHLETIC ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFORMATION
- High School Track & Field has officially began! If your son/daughter is interested in competing, have them stop by the Athletic Office or have them see Head Coach, Keith Thompson.
- High School Baseball & Softball have begun their pre-season practices and performance training! If your son/daughter plans to compete and play, they need to begin attending practices and workouts! Have them stop by the Athletic Office for information -or- contact Head Coaches (contact information is at the bottom).
- ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY | For High School Athletes - The end of the Tri-Mester is coming up (Thursday, February 21st). Athletes must be passing 75% of their classes in order to be eligible for a Spring Sports, per IHSAA.
- High School Track & Field began on February 11th.
- High School Softball will officially begin on March 4th.
- High School Baseball will officially begin on March 11th.
- High School Boys' Golf will officially begin on March 11th.
- High School Girls' Tennis will officially begin on March 11th.
- On February 20, 2019 at 7:00pm the Lakeland Athletic Department will be hosting a Charity Basketball game between the Lakeland Staff and the Law Dogs of LaGrange County! Admission will be $5.00. All proceeds will be donated to Habitat for Humanity. Come enjoy a great event!
- If you're looking to attend the Middle School Booster Steak-Fry, Middle School Athletes are currently selling tickets! The event will take place on February 23, 2019!
- The Baseball Steak-Fry will take place on March 16, 2019! Contact a Lakeland Baseball player to purchase tickets!
- Winter Sports Awards | March 11, 2019
UPCOMING MAJOR EVENTS
Lakeland Middle School Steak-Fry
Saturday, Feb. 23rd, 6pm
100 Industrial Parkway
Winter Sports Awards | High School & Middle School
Monday, March 11th, 6pm
805 East 075 North
SIGN UP FOR ATHLETIC ALERTS
High School Coaches | Contact Information
FALLFootball - Keith Thompson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball - Brian Jordan | email@example.com
Boys' Soccer - Vacant
Girls' Soccer - Vacant
Girls' Cross Country - Thom Taylor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys' Cross Country - Guy Glick | email@example.com
Boys' Tennis - Kyle Grossman | firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls' Golf - Cassidy Roush | email@example.com
Fall Cheer - Taylor Miller | firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys' Basketball - Nick Burlingame | email@example.com
Girls' Basketball - Dan Huizenga | firstname.lastname@example.org
Wrestling - Kevin Watkins | email@example.com
Gymnastics - Sherill Habedank | firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Cheer - Taylor Miller | email@example.com
Baseball - Michael Isaacs | firstname.lastname@example.org
Softball - Lauren Harris | email@example.com
Boys' & Girls' Track and Field - Keith Thompson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys' Golf - Jon Roush | email@example.com
Girls' Tennis - Kyle Grossman | firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Coaches | Contact Information
FALL7th Football - Rich Frey | email@example.com
8th Football - Trent Cowley | firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Volleyball - Vacant
7th & 8th Volleyball - Angie Moore
Boys' Soccer - Dustin Riehl | email@example.com
Girls' Soccer - Sara Leggett | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Country - Jessica Givens | email@example.com
Fall Cheer - Kristina Fry | firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Boys' Basketball - Michael Isaacs | email@example.com
7th Boys' Basketball - Jeff Patrick | firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Boys' Basketball - John Vander Roest | email@example.com
6th Girls' Basketball - Lauren Moore | firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Girls' Basketball - Amber Jerdon | email@example.com
8th Girls' Basketball - Doug Menz | firstname.lastname@example.org
Wrestling - Luke Miller | email@example.com
Gymnastics - Katy Hiscox | firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Cheer - Kristina Fry | email@example.com
Boys' Track and Field - Guy Glick | firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls' Track and Field - Jessica Givens | email@example.com
Co-Ed Golf - Cassidy Roush | firstname.lastname@example.org