St. Patrick Catholic School
Weekly Bulletin-May 6, 2018
MAY-Month of Mary
Updated Bell times-2018-2019
With both the new St. Patrick approved calendar and the new transportation agreement with BRSD, here are the new Bell times for St. Patrick Catholic school. Our programming day will start earlier (8:27 am) and we will also dismiss earlier (3:05 pm). Included are the regular scheduled day as well as the early dismissal schedule.
2018-2019 Early Learning calendars
Please note the Pre-K 4 yr old calendar has changed slightly where 4 day programming will occur mostly Monday to Thursday.
2018-2019 ECS Calendars
Consistent with Alberta Learning's commitment to providing students with First Nations, Metis and Inuit perspectives and experiences, our Grade 1-4 students will be attending "We Are All Treaty People" on May 8th. Transportation and admission costs are covered by the school. This should be a great event for our students!
Grade 4S Watershed Field Trip
May 7th-11th Mental Health Week
- Tuesday 8th We Are Treaty People-Gr. 1-4 @ Performing Arts Ctr 10am-12pm
- Thursday 10th Junior Entry Field trip 9am/12:30pm
- Thursday 10th World Catholic education Day-wear Blue!
- Friday 11th Hot Lunch-Booster Juice
- Friday 11th Pre-K Field trip 8:30am/12:15pm
- Saturday 12th Ole’s Spring Run Off
- Monday 14th ECS Church Tour field trip
- Tuesday 15th School Track Meet Gr. 1-4 @ CCHS track facility
- Tuesday 15th ECS Church Tour field trip
- Thursday 17th Valley Fun Run Gr. 3-4
- Friday 18th No School PD Day
- Monday 21st No School Victoria Day
- Tuesday 22nd Alternate School Track meet day
- Tuesday 22nd ECS Co-op field trip Wilcox (am) Calhoon (pm)
- Tuesday 22nd Grade 1W/1G field trip Reading to Horses
- Thursday 24th School Council mtg 7pm
- Thursday 24th School Patrol picnic 10:30 am
- Friday 25th City T&F Championship Gr. 3 & 4
- Friday 25th Grade 1B/1D field trip Reading to Horses
- Monday 28th Gr. 4 Fort Edm. field trip
1st No School PD Day
TOURNAMENT OF BOOKS CHAMPION!!!!!
"Hats On" for Mental Health Day
During this weeks assembly Mr. Ernst showed a music video with a message of capturing the bright spirit and adventure of spreading joy. Mr. Ernst talked about spreading joy throughout our school our homes and within ourselves. Students are reminded of the ways to spread and have joy as they pass by his office and see the lyrics from the song. It has been great hearing the kids sing and hum the song within our hallways this week. Mr. Ernst has included a link to the video, see below.
CWL Poster Contest Winners
Thank you to Mrs. Mazure and Mrs. Elliot for presenting to our winners!
For Student Safety....No Pick-Up/Drop-Off in Staff Parking Lot
We are asking parents to please NOT pick up/drop off children in the Staff parking lot as we go through our restoration. This area is far too congested with Staff and additional contractors working on the restoration. Your cooperation is appreciated.
HOW TO BOOK A STUDENT ABSENCE
May 7th-11th Mental Health Week
School Bus Driver Appreciation Day-May 7th
Every day our bus operators safely steer thousands of students to and from school. The earliest school buses date back to the beginning of the 20th century when horse-drawn carriages were used to pick up children, especially from rural areas, to take them to and from school.
School buses have played an enormous role in the education of our children. School Bus Driver Appreciation Day is a well-deserved salute in the direction of all of those men and women who dedicate their lives to helping children get to and from school safely every day, while staying patient, helpful and positive all throughout.
Let's thank them for going the distance and celebrate their commitment to student learning!
Also-please have a look at the video below promoting School Bus safety.
EICS Transportation Department