LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week - December 8-12
- DUE: PROMOTE your TITLEWISH donation page. (Click here to access your link)
- PAST DUE: eBook Certification (Click link to enter training information)
- Dec. 11-Mentor Mentee Meeting 4:00- 6:00 Washington St. Room 300
- Dec. 13- Battle of the Books Facility Fee of $100 DUE
GCS Reads 20 Holiday Reading Challenge Coming Soon!
Get ready for this year’s Holiday Reading Challenge!
- Students who read a minimum of 300 minutes between Dec. 20 and Jan. 5 will be eligible to win an iPad mini or one of dozens of Barnes & Noble gift cards.
- Elementary and middle students may also win tickets to a UNCG basketball game.
- More details and a take-home calendar will be shared with media specialists later today.
- Next Wednesday, Dec. 10, is the deadline to report November minutes for GCS Reads 20. Please keep those numbers (and stories and pictures) coming. And keep up the good work!
A list of the schools participating in the Battle of the Books for 2015 is attached.
The facility payment for elementary, middle, and high schools Battle of the Books will be $100.
It is due ON or BEFORE December 13th, 2014.
Please make check payable to Guilford County Board of Education. School checks and PTA checks are acceptable.
Send all payments to Robin Gonsiewski, Accounting, Eugene Street.
Send budget transfers to Amy Fleming, Accounting, Eugene Street.
THIS FEE IS NONREFUNDABLE. A commitment to play is a commitment to pay.
If you have any questions, please call Jackie at 370-2357.
GCS Reads 20 Minutes DUE DECEMBER 10
TitleWish Dates entended until December 31st.
I have heard great things regarding donations to your TitleWish accounts. Please make sure to promote your TitleWish link. Consider posting it on your facebook page as well.
CHECK THE UPDATED Instructional Technology and Innovation Department Course Offerings
Please remember to share information about Discovery Ed and the Instructional Technology department trainings with your staff. There are wonderful resources that every grade level and department should be taking advantage of.
- Click here for a full list of the UPDATED classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
CLICK HERE to access their newsletter.
Who do I contact?
- Moodle Questions- April Cooper
- Gaggle Questions- Kathy Vogel
- Discovery Ed Questions- Pam James
- Office 365 Questions- Sabrina Jenkins or Pam James
- School Net Question- Sabrina Jenkins or Jackie Pender-Jones
- Battle of the Books Questions- Jackie Pender-Jones
- eBook or Classroom Connections Questions- Tammy Gruer
Do you want to present at our February PLC?
To give you an opportunity to meet some of the new requirements on the Media Specialist Evaluation, we are offering you the opportunity to present at our GCS PLC meeting.
Just for fun!!!
New television show you have got to check out.- Funny take on our job title....
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.