AIS Friday Flash
Friday, May 6, 2022
Teacher Appreciation Week Thank yous
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the amazing families for showering our teachers with appreciation gifts this week. From sweet notes and mementos to soothing gifts of zen to fruit and goodies....they were very much appreciated right back. Thank you for being part of our special community. We would also like to extend a big thank you to the PTO for supplying a delicious Taco lunch on Cinco de Mayo! Thank you to Nikl Burke & Holly Johnson for all your organization. And of course, thank you once again, to our amazing faculty and staff for all you do for the students of AIS.
Middle School Bake Sales
Thank you for participating in the Student Bake Sale the last two weeks in support of the upcoming 5th grade and Middle School Dance which will be held on the evening of May 27th. These homemade treats were fantastic. Good job to the students (and families) for their leadership, organization, and baking!
Last day to Register for the AIS Adventure Camp
AIS will conduct our own summer camp for students who will be entering MS PreK 4 and entering GS, Kinder students next school year. The AIS camp will be offered in French and English and will have arts and crafts, sports, and S.T.E.A.M. themes. Campers must be registered for a minimum of two weeks.
Today is the final day to register to join us for our AIS Adventure Camp here before Friday, May 6th.
- Our MS camp will be a half-day camp from 9 am to 12 pm for $175/week with optional early drop-off for $50/week. Maximum of 15 campers, minimum of 8. No after-camp care available. Sign up quickly as spots are filling up.
- Our GS camp will be a full-day camp from 9 am to 3 pm for $315/week with optional early drop-off for $50/week. Maximum of 15 campers, minimum of 8. No after-camp care available. Sign up quickly as spots are filling up.
- Discounts for campers registered for all 6 weeks.
Thank you, Ms. Chloe!
AIS has been fortunate to have Ms. Chloe Figura as an intern from the University of Texas this year supporting our FLE, GS, and CM2 classes! Today was her last day and we thank her for all her time and support of our students. Have a great summer, Ms. Chloe!
Happy Mother's Day
We wish all the women who go above and beyond, nurture, raise up, rise up, persevere, and otherwise just rock it - a fabulous fun, and relaxing Mother's Day this weekend!
Bon Voyage to Galapagos-5/9 through 5/17
Some of our Middle School students are off to Ecuador this Monday for what is sure to be a trip of a lifetime visiting the Galapagos. We wish you safe travels and a bon voyage!
Spring MAP Session-5/9 through 5/20
The Spring 2022 session will start on Monday, May 9th to Friday, May 20th. This final session will help to demonstrate the progress across this year for your student from Fall 2021 to Winter 2022 to Spring 2022. MAP Assessments are an adaptive, objective tool that helps to effectively measure student progress. This tool is great because the results will show where a student's strengths lie, point to what specific areas may need reinforcement, and give helpful suggestions as to where a student needs to go next. Be on the lookout for a detailed schedule with specific testing times from your student's class.
Peace, Love, & Rock n Roll Run - Register by Tue., 5/10
Each year we host a FUNd Run to promote healthy activity and as a mini fundraiser. It will be held on Friday, May 20th but the last day to register to order shirts is Tuesday, May 10th! It is our students' favorite event of the year and is not to be missed! Students run as many laps as they can around our school in 1 hour (30 minutes for pre-K). Our goal for this final fundraiser of the year is to raise $13,250 in sponsorship and donations. (Registration fees cover the cost of the shirts).
Students will run during the day at the following time slots and parents are welcome to come at these times to help cheer them on.
- PS 9:30 - 10:00
- GS/CP 10:30 – 11:30
- CE1/CE2 12:00 – 1:00
- CM1 & up 1:30 – 2:30
- MS 2:30 - 3:00
- Register your student here BY MAY 10th! Registered participants will receive a groovy run shirt, tie-dye sunglasses, and a pedometer watch to track their run!
- Donate to support our school. You may donate on the same event page in advance, or students may gather pledges and donations from friends, family, and neighbors in either flat amounts or per lap amounts. Hard copy pledge forms were passed out in student backpacks this week and/or you can direct your guests to give online with the same link
- Consider being a Fund Run Family Sponsor. A sponsorship donation of $250 will help us offset some of the other event supplies so we can fully recognize race donations. Family sponsors will receive 2 adult race shirts, 2 water & mister bottles, 2 sunglasses, and inclusion on our event banner.
- Thank you to the following groovy sponsors: The James, Floreani, Williams, Moens, Van De Walle Tsogbe, Hernandez Cruz, Brandan Gates, Truchard, Rodriguez Wingert, Macmurdo, Llorente De la Sierra, DeHart, Conway Chow, Ziegler Kim, & Havens families, Sonrisas Dental Center, & Lifetime Vision Care
- Volunteer & Cheer: Stay tuned for a volunteer sign-up next week. We will need a lot of hands to make this all-day event a success. Parents are invited to come volunteer and help for just a 2 hour time slot while they come to cheer their child(ren) on at their group time.
For more Run information, click on the events page using the QR code below. Donations and sponsorships can be made all online, but complete the registrations first before adding other items to your cart. For any questions, reach out to April.
Final AIS Soccer Match-Thur., 5/12
The last match of the season will be held on Thursday at 5.30 pm at City School field. The Owls are undefeated and will do their best to win the final game. Let's go Owls! All families are welcome to come and cheer for our players! Thank you to all the parents for driving to south Austin for the games and Adam Verbeelen for being the assistant coach!
PTO Cabi Event & Fashion Show-Tue., 5/17 6:30 pm
Ladies, come to enjoy a Cabi Fashion Show hosted by Cabi stylist and AIS parent, Jill Jacobs-Tunks on Tuesday, May 17th at 6:30 pm at AIS. Get yourself or that special mom in your life some fantastic new wardrobe finds and visit with other AIS moms. We will have sips and snacks and 30% of profits from the event will be donated to the AIS PTO.
Gala Middle School Matinee-Thur., 5/19
We were a bit shy of our minimum but are booking the fun Matinee for our Middle School students planned for early evening on May 19th. We are awaiting some confirmation details from the Alamo Drafthouse and will follow up with those families who registered or emailed as soon as we hear back.
Library Books Due
As the school is winding down, Thank you for your enthusiastic response regarding the reopening of our wonderful library. Please note that it will close for the year on Wednesday, June 1st to prepare for the next school year. In order to help us facilitate a smooth inventory, please be sure to have your child(ren) return all outstanding library books by the end of May. It should be noted that report cards will not be sent out if any books are outstanding. Please feel free to reach out to Ms. Susan if you have any questions. And we would like to say a big thanks and kudos to Allison Boumaza who has been volunteering each week this semester to keep our library in shape. Thanks, Allison for all your time and support.
Summer Camps at AIS
AIS has once again partnered with Kidz to Pros (KTP) who will hold their own KTP Summer Camps at Austin International School this summer for kids aged 4 to 14. You may view the digital flyer below. Our parents may enjoy the benefits of a $75 early registration discount by using the code FLY75. This offer is available till May 31st. You can register your child at kidztopros.com. Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any queries about the camp programs. Please note that KTP is renting the school and they are responsible for all registration, staffing, and camp curriculum for these camps directly.
May Student Birthdays
Happy Birthday, bon anniversaire, and feliz cumpleanos to the following students with May birthdays: Michael W., Ariana B., Léo B., Louise H., Jocie N., Sterling B., Natalya H., Logan L., Sebastian S., Julian C., Amelia J., Florent N., Lucas C., George M.
Save the dates
Mark these important upcoming dates on your calendars.
- 5/6 Last day to register for AIS Summer Camp
- 5/9-5/20 Spring MAP Assessments
- 5/9-5/17 Middle School Galapagos Trip
- 5/10 Last Day to register for the FUNd Run
- 5/17 Rescheduled Cabi Fashion Show
- 5/19 Middle School Gala Matinee
- 5/20 Peace, Love, & Rock & Roll Fund Run
- 5/24 PTO Meeting
- 5/24 AIS Board Meeting
- 5/25 Spirit Night at Hat Creek
- 5/27 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony
- 5/27 CM2 & Middle School Dance
- 5/30 Memorial Day/No School
- 5/31 5th Grade Achievement Ceremony
- 6/1 Spelling Bee
- 6/2 PTO Coffee/Spirit Day-Krispy Kreme
- 6/3 End of Year Community Picnic
- 6/4 French Elections
- 6/6 Report Cards Sent
- 6/7 Field Day
- 6/8 Last Day of School