Mountain View High School
February 10, 2021 Newsletter
Welcome to Mountain View High School. Home of the Mountain Lion. Our motto is: PRIDE!
Visit our website: https://www.thompsonschools.org/mountainview
Parent Advisory Committee Meeting - February 25, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Thompson Kids Can Change the World Contest
Deadline is April 5th.
Class of 2021 Senior Acknowledgements
Dear 2021 Mountain View Grads and Parents,
We are gathering information for our MVHS 2021 Senior Acknowledgements. Below is a
link that can be used to submit information for all scholarships that you have been
offered (accepted and declined), dollar amounts and how many times you can renew,
colleges you have been accepted to (accepted and declined), awards you have been
presented, and certificates you have earned. If you have enlisted in the military, please
note this here along with your future plans. This form can be submitted multiple times,
so as information becomes available, please let us know:
Documentation Form: https://forms.gle/GbqF4ALoyX7KK7mWA
If you have questions concerning the 2021 Senior Acknowledgements, please contact your counselor or Marty Barton at email@example.com or 970-613-7831.
Participation in a MVHS 2021 Senior Acknowledgement is optional.
Athletics, Activities and Clubs
Season B Sports
Upcoming Home Sporting events next week (please note these are subject to change; for the most up to date scheduling information head to our Athletics website):
Tuesday, February, 09
- 5:00 PM Girls Sophomore Basketball vs Severance High School Main Gym
- 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Wrestling vs Longmont High SchoolMain Gym
- 5:00 PM Boys Junior Varsity Basketball vs Thompson Valley High School Aux Gym
- 7:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball vs Thompson Valley High School Main Gym
Saturday, February, 13
- 9:00 AM Boys Varsity Wrestling - Windsor, Severance, and Holy Family - Main Gym
For a full list of all upcoming sporting events and live streaming information, please visit the "Fans" tab on the Mountain View Athletics website.
Off Season Training
Off-season workouts are beginning for some sports! If you are interested in the following sports, feel free to reach out to the coaches directly to be added to their communication lists. All athletes intending to attend these practices must have a signed COVID waiver on file with the head coach of that sport. The wavier can be found on the MVHS athletics website (mvhsathletics.org)
- Boys Soccer (official season starts 3/8)
- Head Coach: Ismael Gallardo: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optional Workouts (start February 8) - M, W, F @4:30-6pm East Soccer Field
- Girls Soccer (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Dirk Habig: email@example.com
- Optional workouts (Start February 8) - Tu, Th @4:30-5:30pm East Soccer Field
- Football (official season starts 8/9)
- Head Coach: TBD - contact Steve Frye for off-season information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Optional workouts (Start February 1) - M, W, F @7-8am Weight Room
- Baseball (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Brian Smela (email@example.com)
- Optional workouts
- Feb 8-12 - M-F by cohort A/B @4:15-4:45pm in Never Summer FTLA
- Starting Feb 15 - M, W @4:15-5:45pm & 1-2:30m on Saturday on the baseball field
- Track & Field (official season starts 4/26)
- Head Coach: Matt Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Optional workouts (start February 1) - M, Th @4:30-6pm Weight Room, Tu @4:15-5:45pm on the track
- Volleyball (official season starts 3/8)
- Head Coach: Rhiannon Tovani (email@example.com)
- Optional workouts:
February 12th - 3:00-4:30
February 15th -3:00-4:30
February 16th - 6:30-8:00pm
February 23rd - 6:30-8:00pm
National Signing Day
Mountain View Music & Arts (MVMA)
MVMA Needs Your Fundraising Help!
Do you have a student in the MVHS band, choir, orchestra, theatre, or arts programs? Mountain View Music & Arts needs your fundraising help! Please consider participating in our EASY ongoing fundraisers.
1. King Soopers Community Rewards: Link your King Soopers shopping card (the one you use to get store discounts and sale prices) to designate Mountain View Music & Arts as your charitable organization. King Soopers donates to charitable organizations based on the number of participants per organization and the amount they spend (it’s no longer a flat 5%) -- so the more parents (and students!) who link their King Soopers shopping cards to MVMA, the more we will earn! Get started here: https://www.kingsoopers.com/i/community/community-rewards (MVMA's organization # is: SB623).
2. AmazonSmile: Link your Amazon account to designate Mountain View Music & Arts as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate a percentage of what you spend. Get started here: http://smile.amazon.com (MVMA’s organization # is 26-4794988). You can also use AmazonSmile on your phone -- just enable it in your Amazon app settings.
3. ShopWithScrip: Sign up for the ShopWithScrip program and install the RaiseRight app on your phone. Before you shop, purchase e-gift cards to spend at the retailer of your choice (750+ retailers are available!). You can also purchase actual gift cards to give as gifts -- perfect for birthdays or holidays! MVMA will earn a percentage of what you spend, which varies by retailer. Get started here: https://shop.shopwithscrip.com (MVMA’s enrollment code is B28155F75549L).
For more information about MVMA, including fundraising, volunteering, and upcoming events, go to https://www.mvmaloveland.org
State Immunization Letter
Please review any past newsletters here:
If we didn't answer your question here, please feel free to contact any of us here at MVHS to help!