Summer PD Opportunities
NCISD Social Studies Professional Development
The following workshops will satisfy the requirement for the Exchange Day, February 17th, 2014.
- 06/18/13 - Social Studies Workshop (PK-2)
- 06/18/13 - Social Studies Workshop (3-5)
- 07/08/13 - Social Studies Alive! (K-3)
- 07/09/13 - Social Studies Alive! Interactive Student Notebooks (K-4)
- 06/19/13 - Focus on Government (9-12)
- 06/19/13 - Focus on Government (6-8)
- 07/10/13 - Mastering the Social Studies TEKS with SIOP (8-11) *If you teach in grades 8-11, this course is required to receive exchange day credit.*
- 07/11-14/13 - America at War Teacher Institute (Conducted by Humanities Texas @ University of Houston) *Completely free, $200 Stipend, Must apply to go to be eligible to attend (click link to go to application)
- 08/15/13 - Lead4ward for Social Studies (6-12)
- 07/15/13 - The Sophisticated Social Studies Teacher (K-12)
- 07/16/13 - The Sophisticated Social Studies Teacher (K-12)
- 07/17/13 - History Alive! (5-12)
- 07/18/13 - History Alive! Interactive Student Notebooks (5-12)
- 08/14/13 - Building Academic Vocabulary (K-12)
- 08/15/13 - Social Studies Foldables & Interactive Student Notebooks (K-12)
Starting Monday, April 16th, teachers can register for the above courses in Eduphoria - Workshop. Simply click on the links above to register. You will be prompted to login to Eduphoria and then the workshop registration page will appear.
Many of these courses will be offered outside of NCISD. Please follow directions in Workshop closely for registration procedures.
Region Center Summer Professional Development
More summer professional development is offered by our nearby region service centers.
Harris County Department of Education http://wms.hcde-texas.org/