By: Ashlyn Sutton
Certification Necessary to Practice
- 10-year certification maintenance process
- Have to earn 100 CME (Continuing medical education) hours every 2 years up to 10 years
- At the end of the 10 year certification maintenance, you must pass a recertification exam (PANRE- Physical Assistant Recertifying Exam)
- If you do not earn or log all required CME credits by 11:59pm, December 31 of your certification expiration year, your certification time will be extended for one-month to make sure the hours get completed.
The majority of PA programs have the same similar prerequisites
- Complete at least two years of college coursework in basic and behavioral sciences before applying to a PA program
- Healthcare experience with hands-on care
- Most students have a bachelor's degree and about three years of healthcare experience before entering a PA program
"Become a PA"
"Physician Assistant: A Day in the Life"
- Detail oriented
- Work well independently
- Good problem-solving skills
"10 Traits Every Physician Assistant Needs"
"Physician Assistant Profession (PA)"
3 Fun Facts
2. The employment of PA is supposed to grow because of the increase in health services
3. PA was ranked the Second Best Job in the US in 2009
"10 Facts You Should Know About a Physician Assistant"