FPHS Parent and Student Memo
June 21, 2021
FPS District Equity Statement
AREAS OF FOCUS AND IMPROVEMENT:
- Equity and Social Justice
- Improved Instruction
- Family and Community Engagement
Our Equity Team would like to partner with our parents and students to fulfill our mission to support our students, staff, and families by identifying and dismantling systems that perpetuate, exacerbate, or produce inequities based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. If you would like to collaborate with us, please let us know HERE. If you want to learn more about our commitment to EQUITY and ANTI-RACISM, feel free to contact any of our FPHS Equity Team members: Hartley, Marzano, Wright, Laban, Hackney, Apelu, Brist, Call, Chapman, Detweiler, Fineman, Goodrum, Inman, Kaunda, B. Lee, Martin, Plaskett, Quill, Roscoe, Scroger, Shoopman, Washam, C. Lee, McNeil, Lovell, Wacker, Tracy, and T. Johnson.
Dear Parents and Students,
Summer School: Summer School Registration is here! We will be offering four different summer school classes in-person and we will have openings for online APEX courses as well. The four in-person courses are Biology, Algebra 1/2 , Geometry and English 9. Please be sure to register HERE right away. You will be contacted in the next three weeks to let you know about your summer school placement.
The end of the year is rapidly approaching. The last day of school for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders is June 22nd.
June 21: Cohort A, periods 1, 2, and 3.
June 22: Cohort B, periods 4, 5, and 6 (half day).
The focus for the last day and a half is submitting last-minute work and collecting technology and materials.
- Make sure you're following us on Social Media: FPHS Facebook page; FPHS Twitter page; FPHS Instagram page.
Visit HERE to view previous Parent and Student Memos.
Please, make sure you have all the info below. We miss you and wish you all the very best. Stay safe and be well!
We miss you already, Seniors! Best of luck to all of you, all. Fly high, CARDS!
You have several options below:
- Saturday, 6/12, at WHS or FPHS from 9am to 1pm. This is mostly for Seniors who have finished all of their coursework.
- Monday through Thursday, 6/14 - 6/17, in the FPHS Library. This is mostly for Seniors who have finished all of their coursework.
- Friday, 6/18, for Cohort B during Advisory class.
- Monday, 6/21, for Cohort A during Advisory class.
- Monday and Tuesday, 6/21 - 6/22, in the FPHS Library.
- Saturday, 6/26, at WHS or FPHS from 9am to 2pm. This is for any student who was not able to turn in laptops on the dates above.
JUNE Culture Calendar
JUNE is ...
PRIDE MONTH: Learn more HERE.
- 5/15 TO 6/15: TOURETTE SYNDROME AWARENESS MONTH: Learn more HERE.
- 6/1 SAMOA INDEPENDENCE DAY: Learn more HERE.
6/5 WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY: Learn more HERE.
6/11 KING KAMEHAMEHA DAY: Learn more HERE.
6/14 FLAG DAY: Learn more HERE.
6/19 JUNETEENTH: Learn more HERE.
6/20 FATHERS' DAY: Learn more HERE.
6/20 WORLD REFUGEE DAY: Learn more HERE.
Cardinal Character Trait for JUNE: JOY! Learn more HERE.
LIFE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL:
Watch the video below to see how some current animators got their careers started.
Family and Community Engagement
The Franklin Pierce High School Food & Hygiene Pantry is available for all students and their families.
Use this LINK to view our current food & hygiene pantry options. Please mark the items you need and staff will put together a bag or box. We will contact you when your bag is ready for pick up or delivery.
Additional ways to request items: You can request a paper copy of this form by contacting Bonita Lee at email@example.com or call 253-298-3837 to request items via phone.
Social Justice, Equity, and Anti-Racist Resources:
- Juneteenth is a celebration to commemorate the end of slavery. See video below to learn more.
The first step in ALLYSHIP is LISTENING.
The second step is BELIEVING.
The third step is ACTION. Get involved and create the positive change you want to see in the world.
FPHS Athletes and Families,
Thank you for helping Franklin Pierce HS get through numerous challenges this year and getting our students back into interscholastic athletics. We now look towards next year and back to growing the programs at Franklin Pierce HS. If we didn’t already know… or we had forgotten… This last year reminded us of the impact athletics has on our students and on the culture at Franklin Pierce HS. Continue to reach out to coaches and programs. Remain connected with your teams as we head off into the summer. Franklin Pierce HS wants to continue the momentum built in these last four months and into the next school year.
Please see contact information for all of our programs below.
Cross Country (B&G)
Swim & Dive (Girls)
Swim & Dive (Boys)
Track & Field (Boys)
Track & Field (Girls)
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Franklin Pierce HS Website
- FPS Remote Learning Website
- IT Help Desk for Students and Parents: 253-298-4647, 7:30AM to 4PM.
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- FPS Breakfast and Lunch Program: www.fpschools.org/meals
- FPS Education Resources: https://www.fpschools.org/exended-closure-resources-and-information/closure-educational-resources
- Want to add Canvas to your phone? Android or iOS. Once you download the app, search "fpschools" to find our district.
- FPHS Facebook page.
- FPHS Twitter page.
- FPHS Instagram page.
- Information about GRADES and GRADING.
- Information about BUSES.
- District CALENDAR.
- Information about ATTENDANCE.
- How to access and use DORA.
- Zoom Tutorial HERE.
COVID- 19 Resources:
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Gov. Inslee's COVID-19 updates web page: https://www.governor.wa.gov/tags/covid-19-coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- District resources and partners: https://www.fpschools.org/departments/family-engagement-office/community-resources
- Check with your phone and internet provider: many providers are offering free and/or unlimited data, internet etc. during the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
- Financial Resources: https://dfi.wa.gov/coronavirus/financial-resources