Freeport Park District Job Openings
Freeport Park District is seeking responsible and energetic applicants to fill a variety of summer parks and recreation positions. Currently, there are openings for nearly 100 seasonal positions with varying weekday and weekend hours.
Applicants must be at least 15 years and older to apply. Available positions are listed below with respective pay. A full listing of job openings and application are available at the Administration Center located at 1122 S. Burchard Avenue, open Monday-Friday from 8 am-5 pm. These are also available online at https://freeportparkdistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2019-Seasonal-Employment-Opportunities.pdf
- Facility Attendants perform a variety of jobs including Merry-go-round, Mini-golf and Boat Rentals. Responsible for ensuring safety, enforcing rules, customer service, efficiency and cash control for facility operations. Must be at least 16 years of age. Hours vary, but general hours of operation are Monday – Sunday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Merry-go-round, Mini-golf and Boat Rentals, and supervision of Facility Attendants. Must be able to attain certification in First Aid and CPR. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Hours vary.
- Concessions Attendants are responsible for ensuring safety, customer service, efficiency and cash control for concession operations. May assist with Aquatic Center admissions. Hours vary, but general hours of operation are Monday – Sunday, Noon – 8:00 PM. Lifeguards: $8.50 - $10.50 per hour; Must be certified in Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR. Opportunities to attain Lifeguarding certification may be available through Park District. Hours vary.
- Provide customer service to Pool guests, sell daily admissions and annual pool passes, keep accurate records, crowd control, housekeeping of facilities, enforcement of pool rules and other duties as assigned. Hours vary.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Read Park Family Aquatic Center and supervision of lifeguard staff. Must be certified in Red Cross Lifeguarding, WSI, First Aid and CPR. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Hours vary.
- Instruct District Learn-to-Swim programs, Red Cross water safety instructor certification required; ability to work with children and adults, teach basic strokes of swimming following Red Cross program. Hours vary.
- Plan, organize and teach tee-ball, soccer, tennis, basketball, football and/or other sports skills to children, ages 4-12 years; Weekdays including evenings.
- Supervise and assist in Special Recreation Programs and Inclusion assistance. Programs range from Special Olympic sports, monthly dances, adult programs, youth programs, outdoor programs, arts and crafts, and many more. Coordinated through Special Recreation Supervisor. Hours and work locations vary.
- Must be able to attain IHSA certification. Hours vary.
- Must be able to attain umpire certification. Hours vary.
- Duties include field preparation and maintenance for various athletic fields managed by Park District and other duties assigned by the Athletics Supervisor. Hours and work locations vary.
- Seasonal maintenance workers perform a variety of physical labor tasks for outdoor and indoor building and grounds maintenance, including mowing & trimming; trash & litter pickup; planting, weeding, raking, digging, painting and other tasks as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor. Hours are generally dayshift, but vary with some weekends.
- Seasonal conservation field crew members perform a variety of physical labor tasks for grounds maintenance, restoring habitat, removing invasive plant species, pruning, trail maintenance and building, planting trees, erosion control and other tasks as assigned by Conservation Field Crew Leader. Hours are generally dayshift, but include some weekends.
- Responsible for mowing, grounds maintenance, cleaning, trash & litter pickup, weeding, raking, planting, digging, and other physical labor tasks as assigned. Hours are generally dayshift, but vary with some weekends.
- Responsible for daily operations of the Pro Shop and Driving Range. Other duties as assigned by Golf Professional. Hours vary, including some weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for taking food and beverage orders, food preparation, washing dishes, cleaning tables and other duties as assigned. Hours vary.