St. Louis Suburban School Counselor Association
Please Make Plans to Attend the 2017 SLSSCA Professional Recognition & Awards Luncheon
2017 SLSSCA Professional Recognition & Awards Luncheon
Thursday, Feb. 9th, 12-3pm
11333 Big Bend Road
St. Louis, MO
Dr. Shari Sevier, Interim Director of Advocacy for Missouri School Counselor Association will be presenting, The School Counselor and the Trauma-Informed Approach.
Luncheon will be located on the Meramec Campus Student Center, Room 200-201
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Resources to Celebrate National School Counseling Week
MSCA TAKE 10 CONFERENCE on March 3rd
Featuring Jean West, LCSW, ACTP, CT presenting on Trauma Informed Response.
This one-day conference will feature and answer many of your questions relating to trauma informed response, including:
- What is trauma?
- What experiences can potentially be traumatic?
- How does trauma impact brain development, behavior and academic performance?
- How do we assess for trauma within the school setting?
- What does a trauma informed response look like?
- Real examples/scenarios of responses
- Participants will engage in hands-on, sensory based activities that can be used with students, helping the students by lowering anxiety/trauma reactions.
- Steps to becoming trauma informed
- How do we become trauma champions and help our schools understand the importance of being trauma informed?
For more information and to register go to: http://moschoolcounselor.org/conferences/2017-take-ten-conference/