The Belleau wood
By jenna scali
About the Belleau wood
- The Belleau war was in 1918 from June 1-26
- Near the Marine River in France about an hour away from pairs.
- Between us and Germany
- Us won but 1811 died on the Allied power and over 1600 captured and killed on the central power.
- Was in the middle of a Forest so they couldn't use big tanks, they used machine guns and bayonets and knives .
Things to do
- First thing to do is you could see the 42 acre cemetery of all the people that died.
- Then You can walk around and see the scars from the battle that are still there.
- Also you could see The Chateau Thievery War Monument.
Places to Stay and eat around Bellaue Wood
- Spectacle d’ Aigles
- Musee Jean de la fontaine
- Le silo U1
- Les Fabliaux Hotel 0.3 miles
- Le saint Jean (restaurant) .2 miles
- Wok and grill (restaurant) .2 mile