Irritable Bowel Syndrome
by: Anna Frazier
Causes of IBS
- Stress: People with IBS are worse or more frequent when under great stress.
- Hormones: Women are much more likely to have IBS, and find that their symptoms are more frequent or prevalent while on their menstrual cycle.
- Other Illnesses: Sometimes illnesses like diarrhea or too many bacteria in the intestines can cause IBS.
- Eliminate High-Gas Foods: try to cut out carbonated beverages and some vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and avoid faw fruits.
- Eliminate Gluten: Some people with IBS say their syptoms have lessened when they cut gluten out of their diet.
- Fiber Supplements: Fiber can control constipation, but fiber from foods may cause bloating, so the fiber supplements help.
- Progressive Relaxation Exercise: Relaxes your muscles one-by-one by clenching the muscle from your toes and progresses of the body to your head.
- Deep Breathing: Most adults breath from their chest, but breathing from your diaphragm can reduce stress