Staff that #gobeyond
Lego had it right back in 1980 and "'Merica!"
The other picture is from one of our own 1st-grade students. "markin flag!'
Lego and "'Merica" how do they apply to us as educators. It's simple. I grow tired of hearing how America lags behind others in education, and in standardized testing. What makes America so great, it is our creativity and innovation. America is the land of free thinking and ideas. The place where anything can be possible. We have come up with things like the iPhone, duct tape, television, and chocolate chip cookies. Take that Canada, and by the way, your bacon is just ham!
So, in short, make sure we foster that creativity in our classrooms. Find ways to invite innovation and choice into your classrooms. Work toward allowing kids some freedom in how they show what they know. Our kids are way more capable than we sometimes allow.
Have a great week and #gobeyond
Pancakes with the Principal for K-2
- Nov-13-17 3rd Grade Swimming at YMCA
- November 15- Staff meeting Matt's room about Number Sense Routines
- November 16 - Character counts Time TBD
- November 17 - Pancakes with the Principal
- November 28 - Hedge Hog Hannah - 1:30 - 2:30, gym
- December 1 Albion Light Parade Staff can walk also Hope to see you there
- December 1-January 26 NWEA Winter Testing Window
- December 14 PTO Talent Show
- 2/26-3/9: ISTEP Part 1 Window
- 3/12-3/16: IREAD Window 3rd Grade
- 3/19-5/18: NWEA Spring Testing Window
- 4/16-5/4: ISTEP Part 2 Window
- Tin Caps game Day after memorial day (reading )
- 6/3: Graduation @2:00