Week of February 22, 2021
Message from the Principal...
We hope Mother Nature is kinder to us the next few weeks! I t will be great to be back in-person with our Tigers. Everyone is doing a fabulous job with the Heart Challenge...Keep up the good work!
- Kindergarten Registration is open. Call the main office @ 203.922.3021 to setup an appointment.
Attendance is taken by 9:10am for our distance learning days.
- Conferences will be held virtually Thursday, March 18th and 25th from 6-8pm. Information regarding signing up will be sent out on Wednesday, March 3rd.
To report a positive Covid19 case, please contact the school nurse directly: Stephanie Elliott...203-922-3021 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure that chromebooks are charged nightly. We do not have extension cords or chargers to assist students. You may want to keep your backpack close, as not to forget anything. We appreciate those that are able to bring a home device.
- Reminder: Free Meal distribution is available at two convenient locations - Long Hill School and Shelton High School from 9-12noon. In addition, dinners will be available ONLY at Shelton High School from 5-6pm.
We appreciate all your support.
Be like Pete the Tiger, wear your mask!
Please visit the district's COVID19 link (http://www.sheltonpublicschools.org/covid19) on the main website...www.sheltonpublicschools.org.
February 22nd ~ Virtual PTO Meeting...more information to follow
February 23rd ~ Virtual Gr 3 STORM Induction Ceremony (video will be shared with families after)
February 25th ~ CAS Leadership Conference for our new Gr 3 STORM Students
Virtual PTO Meeting Mon., Feb. 22nd @ 6pm
Jessica Scerbo is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Sunnyside PTO Meeting
Time: Feb 22, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 818 0549 7832
Opting into full-distance learning (FDL) is not intended for students who are taking vacations. District policy states that teachers are not required to provide work for students who are choosing to take vacations during school days.
FDL is for families who are keeping their children home for COVID health reasons or who are in quarantine after an exposure. Furthermore, per state law, you must quarantine and should not send your child to school for 10 days after arriving in CT. Please contact our school nurse for further instructions.
Executive Order Regarding Travel: Pursuant to Governor Lamont's Executive Order No. 9S, anyone traveling into Connecticut from a state or territory, other than New York, New Jersey, or Rhode Island, or from a country other than the United States, is directed to self-quarantine for a 10-day period from the time of last contact within the identified state or country.For additional guidance on international travel, visit the COVID-19 Travel Recommendations section of the CDC's website.
Drive Through Girl Scout Cookie Sales
Character Word of the Month
Forget how to submit your work, log onto Google Classroom or Seesaw? Click on this link to Mrs. Yacawych's Toolkit.
School Reward Programs
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Box Tops for Education can be sent in to your classroom teachers anytime throughout the school year. Please submit them in an envelope whenever possible with your child’s name, teacher’s name and number of Box Tops written on the outside. The money we receive through this program will be used to purchase supplies for Sunnyside School. The more Box Tops we collect, the more educational supplies we can buy. The class that collects the most will earn extra recess time! Happy collecting!
SHOP & SHOP A+ Bonus Bucks
Please register your Stop & Shop card on the Stop & Shop website so that Sunnyside School will receive contributions from your grocery purchases. You will still earn your Gas Points.
1. Go to Stop & Shop website: http://www.stopandshop.com.
2. Click on the A+ in the upper right hand corner.
3. When you get to the A+ page click on the Learn more button.
4. Register your card by responding to the questions about the first 3 letters of your last name and your card number.
5. Continue responding to the prompts until you have confirmed the registration. Please make sure that you select Sunnyside Elementary School as your school of choice. School Code - 06217 OR Send in your 13-digit number, and the name the card is registered under, to the main office.
Help Sunnyside School earn extra funding by registering your REDcard under Sunnyside School. Parents may register online through the Target website. Target will donate up to 1% of your REDcard purchases at Target stores and at Target.com.
Sunnyside School is registered for Smile Amazon. It’s another reward program where the school earns a percentage of your purchases when shopping with Amazon. All you need to do is sign into Amazon through www.smile.amazon and select Sunnyside Elementary School PTO. Once you select Sunnyside School, every time you shop through smile.amazon, it automatically recognizes that charitable organization. It’s the same site as Amazon, and your Amazon Prime subscription works too! The upcoming holiday shopping season is the perfect time to raise money for our school! All proceed will help support our PBIS incentives. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-3588783
Click Here Complete this COVID 19 check each morning before your child leaves for school each day. If you reply YES to any of the questions, STAY HOME!! It is imperative that we work TOGETHER to keep our schools safe.