Michael Fasullo, Mike Ramberg, and Kelly Hunt
- Zionism: Jewish nationalist movement that has had as its goal the creation and support of a Jewish national state in Palestine, the ancient homeland of the Jews (Hebrew: Eretz Yisraʾel, “the Land of Israel”). Though Zionism originated in eastern and central Europe in the latter part of the 19th century
- Hamas: An Islamist group, has pursued a policy of "armed resistance" against Israel-carried out by suicide bombing attacks on Israeli civilians-while also extending social welfare programs to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and the occupied West Bank. Hamas' official name is Harakat al-Muqawama al-Islamiya (Islamic Resistance Movement)" (Bullock).
- Fatah: the dominant member of the greater Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO)..Fatah was founded by the late Yasser Arafat and a small group of Palestinian nationalists in the late 1950's. Fatah quickly became the most powerful member of the PLO" (Bullock).
- Intifada: The Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, beginning in 1987...from Arabic intifāḍa 'an uprising' (literally 'a jumping up as a reaction to something'), from intifaḍa 'be shaken, shake oneself'."(Intifada).
- Israel population: 8,252,200
- Palestinian territories population: 3,900,000
- Palestinians in Israel: 1,200,000
- Palestinian Refugees: 5,000,000