JSE Staff March 6th
"Love Your People" even more when we are all on the spring break count down!
Happy Friday! Two more weeks! Stay focused on what is most important in our classrooms and schoolhouse. If we let up, our students will too!
March is Disabilities Awareness Month. Use the above website to celebrate our Bucket-Filling Trait: Acceptance. And I could watch this video over and over!
2nd Formal RISE Observation: I would like to have all 2nd formal observations completed by mid-April. Any takers before spring break...please e-mail. Thank you!
NEW UTSC WEBSITE on the horizon!! I am excited for all the new avenues we will be able to explore to showcase JSE on the web. AND have to remind myself step by step; it can be just a tad bit overwhelming! Please follow the e-mailed instructions to create the beginnings of your webpage.
Have a good weekend! Take a breather with a beverage of your choice and do whatever makes you laugh!
Professional Development This Week:
Monday Mike will meet with grades 3-5, one item will focus on the upcoming optional Acuity window. Bring your thoughts on assessing Math and/or E/LA.
Wednesday we will head back to where it all starts and meet in Karen's room for further discussion on Higher Order Questioning and Depths of Knowledge.
Friday we will meet with our friend Howard in Diana's room. Please follow the e-mail to be prepared. Any questions please let me know before Friday.
Our HOT standards Challenge has a new more refined name:)
Matt will be reaching out to you soon. If you already have ideas for your class please share!
- New Website: bio prepared for website by Friday morning.
- Please include me in parent conferences that may lead to student retention as we begin the count down after Spring Break!
- Reinforce the characteristics of Self-Advocate and Acceptance.
- Start the RAK chain in your classroom. Send Nick updates on the length of your RAK chain for the news.
- ISTEP, Acuity, I-READ and MClass windows are listed on the Google Calendar.
- E-mail Chris/Nick to get on the "Highlight my students on the JSE News" Calendar!
- Art Connect Hour
- Please turn in 100% effort work to me periodically.