- communication is any form of behavior that send a signal to any other organism.
- Gestures, facial expression, gaze or chemical signal.
- ants use chemical signals called pheromones to create scent trails to show paths to food, as well as for alarms calls, mate attraction, and to distinguish between colonies.
- additionally they have pheromones that they can use to confuse the enemy and manipulate them into fighting each other.
- ants, bees and termites all use pheromones.
a baby polar bear is nudging it mother for attention.
a dog using pheromones to mark its territory.
a foal is nudging its mother.