THE LEAD DOG
27th Edition - Monday, March 7th, 2022
A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
It's the end of the 3rd 9 weeks (Friday) and Spring Break is in our vision... but we aren't quite there yet! Finish up this 9 weeks strong, get some rest and relaxation over Spring Break and get ready for the end of the year craziness! When we get back from Spring Break the time will fly and we'll have seniors walking the stage before you know it. Let that sink in seniors and parents... Wow!
Thanks to the students, parents, faulty & staff, central office personnel and the School Board, Boerne HS has had a special school year. As you will see below, our extra curriculars in Fine Arts, Atheltics, and CTE area's continue to have extremely successful seasons and years. Thank you for supporting these students and encouraging them to participate in these very important events that they value and are an important part of our education at Boerne HS.
I hope everyone has an enjoyable, safe, and restful Spring Break!
For Boerne HS's latest updates: Please check our school website and your school email periodically. Also, follow Boerne HS on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Important dates to rememeber:
March 7th-11th - National School Breakfast Week - free breakfast at school!
March 8th - PTO Meeting with Special Guest: Dr. Price
March 11th - Early Release - See Bell Schedule Below
March 11th - End of the 3rd 9 Weeks
March 14th-18th - Spring Break
April 2nd - BHS Prom
April 5th - English 1 STAAR EOC
April 7th - English 2 STAAR EOC
April 15th - Good Friday Holiday
April 18th - Student/Staff Holiday
May 2nd - Local Scholarship Awards Night
May 3rd - Algebra 1 STAAR EOC
May 4th - Biology STAAR EOC
May 5th - US History STAAR EOC
May 6th - Powder Puff Game
Happenings at Boerne HS:
- The Boerne HS Boys Basketball team traveled to Paul Taylor Fieldhouse in San Antonio last Tuesday and beat Pleasanton for the Regional Quarterfinal Championship, 43-40. This sent them to the Region 4 Tournament at Texas A&M - Kingsville last Friday. On Friday, the Hounds beat Kingsville HS, 59-40, to capture the Region 4 Semifinal Championship. That set up the Region 4 Final with Somerset on Saturday. Much like last year it came down to the wire, and even overtime, but the Hounds battled to the end and prevailed 46-45 to advance to the State Tournament back to back years!!! They will play in the Alamodone on Friday, at 3 pm, versus Witchita Falls HS in the State Semifinals. They currently are 32-6 overall for the year. Good luck Hounds!
- Both BHS Golf teams participated in the Taft Invitational at the Fair Oaks Country Club last Monday. The boys placed 3rd overall and the girls placed 5th overall in a very competitive tournament. Price Hill took 4th place overall for the boys. Their next action is today (boys) and tomorrow (girls) at the Buckhorn Golf Course in Comfort. Good luck Hounds!
- This past Thursday Boerne HS hosted a track meet. Boerne HS alone had over 100 athletes participating in the Girls and Boys JV and Varsity meet. One of the highlights was Tori Adams breaking the school shot put record with a throw of 41'7" and winning first place. She also placed first in the discus. Other highlights included:
1st place - Boys 4x100 Realy: Braden Baize, Colby Brown, Cash McPeak, and Charlie Stahl
1st place - Boys 200m: Colby Brown
2nd place - Girls Discus: Ashley Clingman
- The Boerne HS Tennis Team traveled to San Marcos HS for the Gold Invitational last Friday. Individual highlights included: 2nd place Men's Singles - Justin Koth, 3rd place Men's Singles Connor Brown, 2nd place Women's Singles Chloe O'Connor, 3rd place Women's Singles Serena Ross, 3rd place Women's Doubles Eleanor Stokes and Sophie Norwood, and 3rd place Mixed Doubles Garrett Stevens and Erin Durham. Go Hounds Go!
- The Girls Greyhound Soccer team hosted Wimberley last Tuesday and won 3-1 for a huge district win. On Friday, they traveled to Davenport and tied 1-1. Their current district record is 5-1-3 and overall they are 12-3-5. The rest of the week looks like this: at home Tuesday versus Canyon Lake and again Friday versus Great Hearts Northern Oaks. Good luck ladies!!!
- The Boys Greyhound Soccer team traveled to Wimberley last Tuesday and won 5-0. On Friday, they hosted Davenport and won 6-1. The Hounds are currently undefeated in district at 9-0 and overall they are 17-2-1. The rest of the week looks like this: on Tuesday at Canyon Lake and home on Friday versus Great Hearts Northern Oaks. Good luck Hounds!
- The Boerne Softball team hosted La Vernia HS last Tuesday evening and won by run rule in 5 innings, 12-0. Over the weekend they traveled to Seguin for a tournament and went 6-0. They collected wins over 6A Weslaco, 6A Harlingen, 6A New Braunfels, 6A Del Valle, 5A Floresville, and La Grange. They only gave up one run during the 6 tournament games. During their 8 game win streak, they have outscored their opponents 55-1. Wow! Their current overall record is 12-3. This week they have two homes games, Wednesday versus Uvalde and Friday versus Hondo. Good luck ladies!
- The Boerne Baseball team hosted St. Mary's Hall last Tuesday and run ruled them 11-0 in 5 innings. This past weekend they participated in the highly touted Comal ISD Tournament. They eventaully fell to a highly ranked 5A Georgetown in the championship game, but along the way picked up quality wins versus 6A East Central, 5A Alamo Heights, 6A Churchill, 6A Lewisville, and 5A Leander Rouse. They currently have a 10-1 record and will host Floresville here this Tuesday and then travel to Victoria for a tournament. Go Hounds Go!
Early Release Bell Schedule
BOYS BASKETBALL = REGION IV CHAMPIONS & STATE TOURNAMENT BOUND
Starlettes Compete at Texas State
This past Saturday and Sunday, the Starlettes competed at the Showmakers of America Texas State Championship at Texas State University in San Marcos. They competed against 8 small teams and were awarded the following awards:
Judge’s Award & Sweepstakes (all routines scored a 90 and above)
Showmanship award for Jazz, Pom, and Hip Hop
Choreography award for Jazz, Pom, and Hip Hop
Technique award for Pom
Precision award for Pom
2nd place Pom
5th overall for small teams!
-Officers received a superior rating for their ensemble.
-Maysen Lester and Olivia Strange received a superior rating for their duet
-Victoria Niemeier, April Hurley, Lizzie Johnson-Clarke, and Katya Stewart all earned superior ratings for their solos
I am very proud of how hard these girls worked and the progress that they made over the season. They worked hard and left everything on the floor. Please help me congratulate them when you see them this week!
Winter Guard - 3rd place in Seguin
This weekend, the Boerne HS Winter Guard competed in Seguin,TX. Because of their superior performances over the contest season, the guard was promoted to a more competitive classification, competing against several of the area’s 5A and 6A schools. Despite the more competitive class, the guard still placed 3rd overall in their class.
Congratulation BHS Winter Guard!
BHS Orchestra Competes at UIL
This past Friday, students from the Boerne HS Chamber Orchestra competed at the UIL Concert and Sight-reading evaluation at Clark HS. The students played very musically as they earned an Excellent rating in concert and a Superior rating in sight-reading.
Additionally, on Saturday, students competed at the UIL Solo and Ensemble Solo and Competition at Champion HS. All students who performed earned superior ratings with 7 advancing to state. Those students are Richard Swensen, Robert Swensen, Andrew Trip, Oscar Shneker, Ornina Shneker, Samuel Igbo, and Tucker Rouse.
Please help me in congratulating these musicians!
BHS Sweeps Essay Contest!!!...
Congratulations to the 2022 Texas Conservation Awards Program Essay Contest winners:
1st place - Allison Clark (far left)
2nd place - Ella Meyer (middle)
3rd place - Amber Clark (far tight)
The essay contest , sponsored by the Kendall Soil & Water Conservation District, selects finalists from all the Conservation Districts in Texas. The essay contest is designed for students to showcase their knowledge of the importance of good land stewardship; this years' theme was "Healthy Soils: Healthy Life". Winners received $50, $30, and $20, respectively, and the 1st place winner teacher/sponsor received $50 to use in their classroom. Congratulations!
Boerne HS Counselor's Corner...
Upcoming Events and Deadlines:
Scholarships - If you are planning on applying for a local scholarship, ***the application deadline is March 11th.*** If you’re looking for scholarships, we post any opportunities that come through our office in the Class of 2022 Google Classroom. More will be posted as the year progresses so check back often!
FAFSA - TEA is now requiring all seniors to complete the FASFA. The FASFA opened October 1st. For more information, visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
Student course selections for the 22-23 school year have been completed. If students still have questions or want to make changes, they can visit with their counselor.
An SAT make-up day will be on March 23rd. Students (Juniors) who missed the March 2nd SAT test will be notified of test room assignments prior to the test.
Registration for TSI testing continues for students who are planning on taking dual credit for the 22-23 school year. Our next date for TSI testing will be on March 24th and March 25th. Students need to register in the counseling office. Cost is $15.
Northwest Vista dual credit registration is currently in progress. Questions regarding NWV dual credit can be directed to Ms. Poulis. Questions regarding ASU dual credit can be direct to Mrs. Harney. Dual credit summer classes through ASU are typically published after Spring Break and any dual credit information will be posted in the dual credit Google classroom.
BHS Counselor Website:
Visit our website often for important information and updates:
BHS Counselor Google Classroom:
Don’t forget to join our Google Classroom! Weekly updates and important student information, deadlines, etc. is posted here continually for each "class."
Seniors - Class of 2022: CRMHLAW
Juniors - Class of 2023: YCRO2RN
Sophomores - Class of 2024: 5AYX2MB
Freshmen - Class of 2025: M4VZGIQ
Senior ads are sold out! All pictures and text for purchased ads are due by January 9th uploaded in Balfour. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Salinas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's not too late to purchase a yearbook! Visit https://www.balfour.com/student-info?smi=70337 to purchase. If you do not pre-purchase your yearbook, we cannot guarantee you a copy. We sold out of the extra copies in 2 days last year!
BHS Yearbook Advisor
Current 8th Grade Families...
The Boerne ISD Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) application is now open for the 2022-23 school year.
Students interested in this career path please apply now!
To apply, please see the link below: https://www.boerneisd.net/ptech
JOIN BOERNE HS PTO...
The simple act of joining the PTO provides support to our BHS students, staff, and campus. It's also a great way to stay informed about what's happening at school and connect in meaningful ways with other parents. Join us by registering at www.boernepto.membershiptoolkit.com. We are excited to have our volunteers back on campus soon!
*Email email@example.com with any questions.
Click above to access the GABC website and become a member