The Mustang Memo
What's Happening at SEHS: Nov 11-16
SEHS Points of Pride!
Here are some points of pride we want to highlight for the last week! Please see our Facebook page for photos!
- Congratulations to our Competition Cheerleaders for placing Best in AAAAA in our Region! #RegionChamps! They will depart for State on Thursday morning! #SouthStrong
- Due to Statesboro's win over New Hampstead last Friday, we have a state playoff game this Friday at Jones County! All roads lead to Jones County High Friday night! #SouthStrong
In addition to learning more about faculty and staff, seniors had the opportunities on last week's flyer that included JCB, Military and college application process.
Our goal was to have seniors submit a total of 100 college applications; we surpassed that goal and reached 158---all with waived application fees for the month of November!
Job Well Done, Team!
Veterans: We Salute You!
- AZ1 Ross Johnson (US Navy)
- Ms. Susanna Tackitt (US Navy)
- Lt Col Stautberg (US Marine Corps)
Our Marching Mustangs and ROTC will be participating in the Veterans Day parade in Savannah.
We also want to salute many of our parents who are Veterans. Thank you for your service for our country!
Marching Mustangs Family & Friends Show @ The Corral
Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 7pm
1220 Noel C Conaway Road
Friday: Crocs & Jeans For the Manna House!
Georgia Parent Survey
All schools in Georgia invite parents to provide this information that will factor into our accountability rating for CCRPI. It's a great opportunity for parents to tell the story of #MustangNation!
From the Principal...
It's hard to believe, but we only have 10 days before Thanksgiving break and only 35 left in this nine-week period.
There are a few points I'd like to share with you:
1) Please speak with your child about continuing to make the best choices possible - including punctuality to class and adherence to school attire. We will be heightening student accountability to our expectations, and we want our students to choose to fit their behavior within the rules.
2) Our school district has made some e-cigarette prevention literature available to you on the district website HERE. Please remind students that tobacco products are prohibited on school grounds, and explain the long-term effects of these substances on their health.
3) I am so proud of the work our counselors & instructional supervisor have done with our seniors last week! It was amazing to hear that we surpassed our goal of college applications submitted! As the year continues, we encourage our seniors to consult their counselors about the multiple career and college opportunities that are awaiting them in their future!
4) Progress Report Grades for T2 will go live on Wednesday, November 13th at 5PM!
5) DOES YOUR CHILD NEED TUTORING? Check out this Schoolwide Tutorial Schedule posted on our website!
I hope you will review the opportunities in this newsletter, support our Mustangs this week, and remind your student to make the best daily decisions possible.
Once A Mustang, Always A Mustang!
WEEK @ A GLANCE
The goal of this section is to highlight school events, clubs, activities, and home athletics events. It is not an exhaustive list. For more away and more detailed athletics information, please see the website calendar. You may also find our Facebook page helpful.
Monday 11/11 (Veterans Day)
- Theater Show Practice, 4:00 - 5:30
- No Mini-Playoff!
- Basketball Cheer, 4-6PM
- JV & Varsity Basketball @ SE Bulloch, 4:30PM
- Marching Mustangs Family & Friends Show, 7PM
- Model UN, 4 - 5:30PM, room 300
- Literary Club, 4PM
- Cross Country Banquet, 5:30, Cafeteria
- E-Sports, 4-5:30PM, room 300
- Crocs & Jeans (with Friday shirt or uniform top) for Manna House (bring $3 3 canned goods)
- Junior Achievement @ South Effingham Elementary
- Football playoff game at Jones County High School, 7:30PM
- Competition Cheer @ Columbus - State Tournament! #GoLadies!
- Wrestling @ ECHS, 10AM - 5PM
From the Counseling Department
Seniors and parents should be receiving the scholarship alerts sent through Remind and also through Parent Portal & email.
If you haven't already, please bookmark the Counselors' website!
Announcements are posted on our website on a daily basis!