WSISD CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
6th Six Weeks Newsletter
THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING SCHOOL YEAR....WSISD IS THE BEST DISTRICT IN THE UNIVERSE BECAUSE OF YOU!!!
Transformation Begins With Reflection
- What worked?
- What went well?
- What do I feel was successful?
- In what ways did I cultivate a growth mindset in my classroom?
- Did I set and maintain a climate to learn from mistakes and failure?
- Did I praise effort, resourcefulness, and resilience?
- Did I set a forum for learners to receive authentic feedback from me, peers, and experts?
- Did I ensure that learners were engaged in and motivated by the work?
"We do not learn from experience...we learn from reflecting on experience"
What can I expect next school year???
WSISD 2016-2017 PROBLEM OF PRACTICE
We want to continue to focus our energy on gaining consistency across classrooms with high levels of critical thinking and evidence of critical writing in all areas.
WSISD 2016-2017 Journal Expectations:
- Pre-K: One Writing Journal
- Kindergarten: One Separate Writing Journal & Teacher Discretion on How to Organize Writing Across All Other Content Areas
- 1st-12th: One Journal Per Subject Area (Self -Contained Teachers May Combine Cross- Curricular Subjects Into One Journal i.e. ELA/Social Studies)
- Type of Journal: Teacher Discretion (composition book, spiral, 3 ring binder)
- All Journals Should Contain: Table of Contents, Authentic Writing
- Recommendations: Feedback from Teacher & Teacher Model Journal