"If you can dream it, you can do it"
Walt Disney's Life
- Walter (Walt) Elias Disney was his full name.
- He was born in Chicago, Illinois on December 5th, 1901.
- Walt died of lung cancer on December 15th, 1966.
- Walt was an entrepreneur, cartoonist, animator, voice actor, and film producer.
- He started as a cartoonist as a young boy as well.
- He was fired by a newspaper for not being "creative enough".
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
Walt Disney World & Disneyland
- Walt and his brother (Roy. O Disney) co-founded the Walt Disney company together.
- He had theme parks all over the world including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Walt had voiced Mickey Mouse himself until 1947.
- Many Disney films don't have mothers because Walt's grief over losing his own mother.
- Disney films had a lot of animal characters in them because of Walt's love for animals and nature.
- The last Disney film Walt oversaw was the Jungle Book.
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island"
Inspiring a Whole New World
He teaches people to do what you love. He was always drawing and even did other jobs so he would have money to keep drawing.
He teaches people to take your work seriously. He never procrastinated and took the lead on every project he did.
He taught people to do what they do for others. He was always making sure that his work could be shared with others.