Final Project + Late Work
***DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND 2 LANGUAGE COACHING SESSIONS THIS WEEK!***
Submit ALL Missing Assignments ASAP
The last day to turn in any work for Japanese 2 is Friday, May 20th.
To view your missing assignments: Open the Japanese 2 course in BlackBoard and click on the My Grades tab (on the left hand navigational toolbar.) Make a note of what you're missing and make a plan to submit it prior to Friday's deadline.
If you need help with your assignments, contact me or visit the link to the peer tutoring center below.
NCVPS offers a FREE peer tutoring center for all students of Japanese 2 to receive some extra help or practice with the course material. Click the button above to access it and log in with your NCVPS ID and password.
Final Project Slide Sample
Check out Tanaka san's final project slide for Lesson 13 below, and click the link below that to listen to her recording of the slide.
Let's see what she said line by line:
じゅっかげつ にほんご を べんきょうしました。
For 10 months I studied Japanese.
ろっかげつ にほん に いきました。
For 6 months I went to Japan.
What kind of place is Japan?
にほんは きれいで ゆうめい です。
Japan is beautiful and famous.
ラメンはやすくて おいしい ですか。
Ramen is inexpensive and delicious.
This slide is excellent because it has 5 sentences using grammar and vocabulary from lesson 13 and a picture that corresponds to at least one of the sentences (in this case the ramen noodles) on the slide.
Student Spotlight - Antonio W.
Every few days in announcements we will shine our spotlight on one of our Japanese 2 students! This is a good way to get to know your fellow classmates. :)
Meet Antonio W.!
- My favorite thing about Japan/Japanese Culture: My favorite part about Japanese culture is how social everything is. There are video games and stuff but you often find that even when they play games they are at least in person and not over the internet.
- My favorite book: Toukyou Kushu
- My favorite musical artist: Trippy Turtle
- My favorite ice cream flavor: I don't like ice cream
- On a Friday night I'm usually: at home playing video games with my friends, but I occasionally go to basketball games and other events.
- The 5 things I can't live without: my mom, video games, anime, pizza, and sleep
- Why I'm taking Japanese 2: I'm taking Japanese 2 because on top of need the credit to graduate I always by interested in Japan and their culture. So I wanted to continue my study of Japanese so that I could learn enough to be able to go to Japan a not need a translator or something like that.