Week of October 19, 2015
IMPORTANT REMINDERS and Information
- We will have an unannounced lockdown this week.
- Please remember to schedule a time with Zack or Staci to discuss goals if you are on goal setting. PDAS observations will be starting soon.
- Continue sending in Spot Lights and be on the the lookout for kids who can come sign the Goodbook.
- Please join PTA!!!
- Remember that every Wednesday is team planning. This is a time for you to plan together as a team.
Dates to know
- October 20 - Team Meetings (Yes, we will meet with grade levels.)
- October 21 - Zack and Staci at Principal Meeting
- October 21 - Fall Picture Day
- October 22 - Staci out all morning
- October 22 - Literacy Night 6:00-7:30 PM
- October 23 - Zack and Staci out all day
- October 23 - Report Cards sent home
October is halfway over - Have you joined PTA?
PTA SPENDS $36 per staff member on teacher appreciation each year. It is just nine dollars to join.
Let's appreciate them by joining and supporting....
First PBS Party is next week!
- Eligible students pay a fee of 50 Rasor Bucks
- All Parties will be from 8:00-8:30 in the gym
- October 19 (K/1st)
- October 20 (2nd/3rd)
- October 22 (4th)
- October 23 (5th)
- This 9 week's it's a movie party!
- There will be an email sent out with the location for those who will not be attending.
- If a student has had an office referral, they should not participate.
Campus Wellness Team Members Needed
- Main initiative of the committee is getting the school and community involved in improving overall health and wellness.
- If you have interest in joining the committee, please email Amanda at email@example.com.
- Please include the information she send out today in your weekly newsletter.
Red Ribbon Week October 26-30 Schedule of Events
- Monday "Sock it to Drugs" - wear crazy or mismatched socks (students will sign anit-drug pledge cards and receive an anti-drug pencil)
- Tuesday "Team Up Against Drugs" - Wear your favorite sports team shirt/jersey (we will have an assembly at 8:00 to watch the the Power Team)
- Wednesday "Put a Cap on Drugs" - Wear your favorite cap
- Thursday "Living Drug Free is No Sweat" - wear sweat clothes to school (jogging suits)
- Friday "March Away from Drugs" - wear RED and march in the Rasor Red Ribbon Parade at 8am.
Our Staff Rocks!
"Good job" Literacy Vertical team for putting on the Reader's Theater. The students were really engaged and the skit was very meaningful.
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgement, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
Food For Kids - Important! We STILL need names!
Let Brandi know students who would benefit from this program.