Argyle High School Newsletter
March 2, 2023
🏆 Majestics win State Championship 🏆
The Majestics take the overall State Champion title after their performances!
- 1st place: Classic large team jazz
- 1st place: Classic large team novelty
- 1st place: Classic large team Pom
- 1st place: Classic large team lyrical
- 1st place tie (pom & novelty): highest scoring classic team routines
- Overall highest scoring classic team state championship
- Crowd pleasers award from team Pom
Spring Break Cheer Mini-Camp!
The Argyle High School Cheer Boosters present Spring Break Mini-Camp on Thursday, March 16 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. It will be held in the AHS gym for grades Kindergarten-5th grade.
CLICK HERE to sign up.
Prom Tickets On Sale
Argyle High School’s Prom will be held on Saturday, April 1 at Marriot Champions Circle in Fort Worth from 8-11:30 pm.
Juniors and Seniors may purchase tickets from now until March 27th
Living For Zachary Heart Screenings
The “Living for Zachary Heart Screening” is a special screening program created by Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital–Plano for youth ages 12-22 that can help detect heart abnormalities that may lead to Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA).
Free Heart Screenings will be held Saturday, April 29, 2023 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Shoot for the Stars Event at Argyle High School, located at 6601 Canyon Falls Dr. The screening event is in honor of Alex Betzhold.
ESL Hosting Bingo Night March 22!
Argyle ISD's English as a Second Language (ESL) Department is hosting ESL Bingo Night on Wednesday, March 22. So be sure to mark your calendars for this free fun event that will include snacks and prizes. All students and families in the ESL program are invited to attend. It will be held from 5:30-6:30 PM in the AHS cafeteria.
Talon accepting both Senior and Business Ads for the Senior Edition magazine
The Talon News is now selling Senior and Business ads for our Senior Edition print magazine! The magazine will be distributed to parents and students at graduation. Ad prices and flyers are linked here. Printing prices have doubled this year, so ad prices have increased. However, The Talon News is entirely self-funded and all proceeds from ad sales will directly help cover equipment, workshops, contest fees, publishing costs, and more. All purchases or donations are gratefully received!
TWU DUAL CREDIT APPLYTEXAS INFORMATION
DEADLINE MARCH 17, 2023
Step 1: Apply online--DEADLINE MARCH 17, 2023
- Apply online at GoApplyTexas.org
- Complete the ApplyTexas freshman application
- Only first-time dual credit students need to apply---SECOND YEAR DUAL CREDIT STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLYTEXAS APPLICATION AGAIN!
- View the ApplyTexas Application Instructions for assistance--USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Step 2: Pay the nonrefundable application fee
- The $50 fee can be paid in the following ways:
- Credit card online through GoApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing. Include the applicant’s full name and ID number.
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar’s Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ADM. Construction will be occurring for several months in the ACT building. During this time, the Admissions Office is temporarily relocating to Brackenridge Hall, Room 120).
- Note: The application fee can be paid online but is the only method prior to submitting the application.
- A TWU student ID number will be sent to the student usually within five days of completion/submission/payment to the email address the student provided in the application. This TWU ID student number will be necessary for TSIA2 testing purposes.
PLEASE COMPLETE STEPS 1 AND 2 BY MARCH 17, 2023. DUE TO TWU REQUIREMENTS, ARGYLE HIGH SCHOOL MUST MEET SEVERAL DEADLINES THIS YEAR. TSIA2 TESTING INFORMATION WILL BE FORTHCOMING.
Senior Fall Transcripts Now Available Online
Senior Fall transcripts including GPA and class rank are now available in Family Access. To view them, please use the link below and access the Portfolio tab.
If any senior needs a mid-year transcript sent to a college or university, please have them stop by the counseling office to complete a mid-year transcript request form.
Lady Eagles Soccer is headed to the playoffs!
2023-2024 School Calendar
Important Information from the Attendance Office
When requesting an early dismissal for your student, please fill out the Google form located under Attendance on the AHS website either the day before or morning of the early release. Please make sure your student stops by the attendance office in the morning, during a passing period or at lunch time to pick up their pass so they can be released from their classroom in order to sign out.
Should something come up last minute please call us and we will do all we can to accommodate your request.