June 2022 Edition
Dear Falmouth Falcon Families,
It is hard to believe that the 2021-2022 school year is coming to an end! We should all be proud of the amazing amount of patience, grit, and flexibility we have shown our students and one another. I am so very proud of all the hard work our staff and students have put into this year! We have certainly learned with passion, led with confidence, and lived with character - no matter the adversity going on around us.
As this year comes to a close, we are already working on planning for summer and fall opportunities and events. This summer, FES will open our library doors one day per week for select Tuesdays during the summer. Our goal is to continue to encourage the importance of literacy skills throughout the summer. I encourage families to take advantage of our summer library hours -- look for details in this newsletter.
Be on the lookout for more information over the summer regarding the beginning of the year events, including the Falmouth Fling, Open House, and other upcoming celebrations. Please remember to update your address and phone number(s) as this is the means we will use to communicate with you as events are scheduled.
Have a wonderful and safe summer!
Dr. Sallie Burch
We are excited to offer Summer Library hours this year!
Dates/Time: Tuesdays (June 14, 21, 28 & July 19, 26)
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Book Check Out – Makerspace Games – Computer Access
An adult family member needs to accompany the student.
***Also, please click here to view the SCPS Summer Reading List by grade***
Mr. Ward, Librarian
The lazy, hazy days of summer are here! We had a great year at FES, and now it’s time for summertime fun. One of the most fun activities you can do this summer is READ!
Check out these cool ideas for your summer reading:
See you next year!
Mrs. Hall, Reading Specialist
Hello again FES families,
If you are using a school issued device for learning during the summer, it is important to care for it. Here are some best practices from Google on how to help ensure your Chromebook works as expected when you return for the 2022-23 school year:
● Keep food and drinks away from the Chromebook and the charger.
● Place the Chromebooks in a secure location, such as a cabinet or cart where they won’t be accidentally knocked over or stepped on.
● Store your Chromebooks in a cool, dry area. Be sure they avoid direct sunlight.
● Keep track and take care of cords and cables.
● Do not stack devices on top of one another, because the weight can damage screens.
● Be sure that the Chromebook lid is free from any objects before closing.
● Keep the lid closed and tightly secured when moving or storing your Chromebook.
● Avoid letting the Chromebook battery fully discharge over the summer.
● When storing the Chromebooks, charge it to at least 80% and unplug them from a battery source.
From: Mr. DuPont (FES ITRT)