September 15, 2017
EMPOWERing students through personal inquiry, real-world experiences, and caring environment while challenging students to make a difference in our community.
· If you have not e-registered your child, please take care of that because we have a field trip coming up on October 5th. That e-registration involves giving permission for your student to go on field trips. CLICK HERE for instructions. If you have any questions, please call the main office at 558-2348.
· Learning Lab is on Monday and Wednesday’s from 3:00-4:00 pm in the IMC. Certified teachers are there to assist students. Students may leave before 4:00 pm if needed, or when they are finished.
· Reach out booklets will be coming home today for our magazine sale and need to be returned by September 19th.
Language Arts/Literacy: We are reading and studying the novel, Bud, Not Buddy. There are assignments on Canvas that students need to complete. We are giving some class time to work on assignments, but students may complete them at home, the public library, or we have Learning Lab on Monday and Wednesday until 4:00pm.
Language Arts Canvas Assignments:
· Language Arts Two--Assignments
1. Chapter 4- Informative Writing
a. Open a word document in Office 365. When completed, you will submit to Canvas.
2. BNB-Word Choice Chapter 2
· Language Arts One—Modules
1. Explain yourself: Organize Your Writing
2. Informational Writing Quiz
3. Go to assignments—“Embrace the Shake”
Social Studies - Thanks to our tour guides for providing McKinley Archives tours to all our 6th graders. We learned about the fascinating history and interesting places in our building. We are beginning to use that information to pick a topic to do some research on as we continue to evaluate historical evidence. Students will be finding three sources of information related to their chosen topic - next week we will design posters to share our knowledge!
Personalized Learning - We continue to learn about growth mindset and the concept of growing our intelligence throughout our lives. We have been learning about the brain and neuroplasticity (ask your student).