Techie Tidbit Tuesday
December 15, 2015
Tool of the Week - Audioboom
Have your students record themselves reading a book by using the FREE Audioboom app. Teach your students to...
- Read with expression.
- Read with a voice that sometimes goes up and sometimes goes down.
- Read smoothly.
- Don't read so fast that the listener can't understand what they are reading.
- Don't read s l o w l y or word-for-word like a robot.
- Read groups of words together to sound like talking.
If you are feeling a bit adventurous, you can turn that sound file into a QR code, print it out and attach to the corresponding book.
Tip of the Week - Award Maker
- Go to https://www.certificatestreet.com/
- Click on School templates on left tool bar.
- Browse to find desired template.
- Click on Download.
- The downloaded file will open with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Enter in text.
Congratulations to the following Miss May Vernon teachers who participated in the Hour of Code for Computer Science Week! ** Come see me for a jeans pass to use in 2016!! **
(keep this up and we'll be wearing jeans till May)
Computer coding doesn't have to be limited to Computer Science Week! Continue the teaching and learning at code.org.