Gone To Texas
Laws, Requirement of colonists
You have to become a Mexican citizen, you have to become a catholic believer, and you have to follow all the Mexican laws,
Land policy is:
- If you were a settler you received a labor or 177 acres, those who raised cattle could obtain a "Sidio", or a square league of four thousand four hundred twenty eight acres.
- Many settlers received both. They gave Land titles to the colonists.
The cost of it is:
- the cost of land per acre is $1.25
- Or you can pay it out 12.5 per acre and paid out over several years
The Description of the land in Texas
- It is in eastern Texas, Coastline of the gulf of Mexico.
- Wetlands, forests,contains most of the major rivers in TEXAS!
- Mild climate , large amounts of rainfall , high winds, floods, and hurricanes.
- Agriculture , goods can be imported, oil, gas,timber, and technology.
- North central plains
- Rolling prairies, Few rivers
- Summers are short , winters are cool to cold.
- drought, high winds, and tornadoes.
- Manufacturing, and agriculture.