Daily Faith & Family Formation
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020
Jesus, you are good and wise. I will praise you when I rise.
Jesus, hear this prayer I send. Bless my family and my friends.
Jesus, help my eyes to see all the good you send to me.
Jesus, help my ears to hear calls for help from far and near.
Jesus, help my feet to go in the way that You will show.
Jesus, help my hands to do all things loving, kind, and true.
Jesus, guard me through this day in all I do and all I say.
This Week's Memory Verse - Psalm 95:1-4
"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him."
I always learn scripture better when I can put music to it. If that sounds like you, too, you can use this music video to help you remember this verse about our praise and worship to our great God.
- The Biblical account of Joseph could take some time to read in Genesis 37-46
- There are some condensed versions for children online:
- The Story of Joseph - DLTK Bible Stories for Kids
- Video story of Joseph - YouVersion
Supporting Verses for a Faith-Filled Life
- Romans 5:3-5 - "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
- Philippians 1:6 - "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and because He is steadfast, who we are in Him remains the same regardless of circumstances. These statements remind us whose we are and who we are Because of who Jesus is.
Speak these statements together as a family.
Zion Lutheran School
Our Vision: That every child knows Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior