Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
September 4, 2015
Ms. Grubbs's Class
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
- Monday, Sept. 7th- Labor Day...NO SCHOOL
- Friday, Sept. 11th- 1/2 day for students- dismissal at 12:00
- Thursday, Sept. 24th- Field trip...information sent home on Friday
- Friday, Sept. 25th- Grandparent's Day
This Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- No School
- Tuesday- Day 1 PE
- Wednesday- Day 2 Music
- Thursday- Day 3 Art
- Friday- Day 4 PE
- This week we will continue introducing our reading workshop and daily 5 activities.
- Students will continue learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue talking about small moments in the books that we read and relate that to our own lives and our writing.
- Students will continue working on daily 5 as I get to know each of them better as readers. :)
- We will test over place value on Wednesday. Children will be bringing home a study Guide Tuesday.
- We will begin reviewing our addition and subtraction strategies and learn about the different properties.
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will continue writing our small moment stories this week.
- We will concentrate on adding feelings and emotions to our story.
- We will work to make sure our stories have a beginning, middle, and end.
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
Background Checks & Anti-bullying Video
Visitors Lunches Starts After Labor Day, Tuesday, September 8th
Book Fees Have Been Posted on Skyward
Snack Attack Snack Drive starting Monday, Aug 24th
Snack Attack provides TCE students in need with a sack of healthy snacks to take home on Fridays to help them through the weekend until they can return to school on Monday for a hot meal.
Our Dad’s Club is sponsoring our Snack Drive starting Monday, Aug 24th. Please consider donating individually wrapped snack items. Bins will be located outside of the school office. Suggested items include: granola bars, pudding, popcorn, fruit cups, crackers, etc.
If your child is in need and would appreciate receiving these weekly bags of snacks, please contact our school counselor, Mrs. Jackie Fiesbeck, at 594-4310 or email@example.com. The recipients of Snack Attack remain confidential.
It’s a great day to be a Cardinal and support our students! Thank you for considering a donation of a snack item to our Snack Drive!