Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of May 9
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Solo contest is Tomorrow, May 8 HERE is the schedule. Parents are encouraged to come and watch their student perform!
- Vote below for Band Beau & Sweetheart! Also vote for band superlatives!
- The first round of band fees were due MAY 1. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Please review the presentation below and the 2021 Spring/Summer Checklist.
- We are looking for several volunteers to help at Spring Training. Please sign up HERE!
- Spring training for ALL 2021-22 band members in May 17-19 at GHS. See below for more information.
- Band Banquet info below!
- Honors Band will have in-person rehearsals next week from 3:30-4:45pm in preparation for the Spring Concert.
- Want to perform in the MACY'S Thanksgiving Parade? See below!
- All Families can start raising funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
Honors Recital - May 15
Students selected at solo contest to perform at 7PM in the GHS auditorium on Saturday, May 15th.
All parents, staff, and students are invited to hear the performances. We will have a QR code to trace log each person that watches the event. In the instance that we reach capacity, priority will be given to the parents of the students that are performing.
Spring Concert - May 20
Students meet at 6PM in concert black for warm up.
Symphonic Band Performs at 7:00PM
Honors Band Performs at 7:30PM
Wind Ensemble Performs at 8:00PM
We will have QR codes to trace where each family sits. All families are asked to social distance and must wear masks inside of GCISD facilities. Students will watch each of the bands from the audience. In the instance that we reach capacity in the auditorium, priority will be given to parents of the group that is performing. We ask everyone for their flexibility and patience as we host a large event in the auditorium.
All wind players plus select percussionists will participate in the graduation ceremony this year.
We will have one hour rehearsals on:
Monday, May 24th from 4:30 - 5:30pm
Tuesday, May 25th from 4:30 - 5:30pm
Wednesday, May 26th from 1:30 - 2:30pm
Our performance call time is 7:15pm in all black at MPS. Graduation begins at 8pm and we will perform at the beginning and end of the ceremony. Students will need their instrument, music and must be dressed properly to perform in this event.
IT’S HERE! Our annual band banquet will be Saturday, May 22, 2021 from 6 - 11 pm at the Texas Star in Euless.
The band banquet is a highlight of the year! Join us as we reflect on another fantastic year of excellence from GHS Band. We will have an awards presentation, an end-of-year slideshow, show reveal, and Senior recognition. The banquet is for everyone associated with GHS Band - students, directors, and parents.
Tickets are $35|$38, but Seniors are FREE. Reserve your spot HERE to attend. Seating is limited --first come first served. SALES END MAY 11!
All other details are in the form. If you have any questions, please contact, the amazing banquet coordinator, Kim Bentson (email@example.com or text 713.818.7445)
We hope you can attend to help us celebrate the 2020-2021 year!
Go Mustang Band!
What will we do? Awards, Senior Recognition, Scholarship Awards, Band Video, Superlatives. We will have a dance, so put in your requests here. CLOSES TODAY!
What do I wear? Best dress and in GCISD dress code.
Where will I sit? You will have the option to choose seating in Band Classes on May 11, 12, and 13.
How do I register? Click HERE to go to the link.
COVID-19: We have guidelines issued by GCISD that we will follow in order for this event to occur. Those guidelines will be communicated before the event.
Please feel free to review the presentation above in a clickable form that you can view at your own pace.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.