Birth and Death
Born: August 9, 1896 in Switzerland
Died: September 16, 1980 he was 84 years old and died of unknown causes.
Education, Family, Fun Facts, and Contribution to Psychology
Education and Family
- Jean went to the University of Neuchatel (1918) University of Zurich
- Studied natural sciences and got a Ph.D in Zoology.
- Married Valentine in 1923.
- Had 3 kids Jacqueline, Laurent, Lucienne.
- When he was a teenager he had papers that were widely published.
- Went to high school at age 11.
Contribution to Psychology
- Piaget is known for his studies of children's thought processes. Cognitive Theory. Developmental Psychology- He focused on how children develop their thinking abilities.
- Students of a certain age constantly made mistakes that older children did not make.
- He published 60+ books that mostly were about how thinking develops in children.