Pre-K News Update
Up and Coming Events
Thursday, April 16th- Friday, April 17th- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
April 28th- Field Trip to the Dallas Zoo!
Pre-K Math Night
You are invited to another Pre-K Parent Engagement Night! Our focus again will be on math activities! We did not get as many parents as expected at our last meeting (probably due to the earlier time). We want to offer another opportunity for you to come and have a great time with us! Bring your child to learn about some fun math activities they do at school and some that you can do at home!
Even if you came last time, there will be new activities including: parachute games, hopscotch, iPads, measuring animals, leap frog, and a few more!
We REALLY hope to see you here for an awesome night of learning math!
Dallas Zoo Trip! April 28th
Permission slips are past due! If you did not one turn one in, your child may not be included on the final list for the Dallas Zoo! It is very important to get it in as soon as possible. If you need a new one, just send me a note or an email and I'd be glad to help.
We would still like to have a few more volunteers visit the zoo with us to keep the groups of students as small as possible. Please let me know as soon as you can if you are interested!
Thank you to those who have already volunteered! : )
- Read to your child each night! Also, have them read to you (even if they are just looking at the pictures).
- Have your child practice writing their name often at home. Don’t use all UPPERCASE letters. Have them write their name with the first letter uppercase and the others lowercase. (ex. Ben)
- Check and sign folders everyday!
- Keep library books in backpacks after you read them. Library day is usually Friday.
We are also collecting tabs from cans, and we are always collecting box tops!
Our classroom art center is also running low on recyclable items like shoe boxes, old CD's, toilet or paper towel rolls, and much more! When you're about to throw some of these things away next time, send them to school instead and you'll never know what they'll turn into!
-Bookflix- a site that has created videos out of popular children’s books. They also have informational books you can read as well. auth.grolier.com/login/bookflix/login.php
-Username: indy Password: flix
· Wegivebooks.com - Read a book with your child and give one to children in need!
· Starfall.com - Great for letter identification, sounds, and other fun reading activities.
· Rainforest Math http://www.rainforestmaths.com/ - Good math activities- Username:RFMP0453 Password: Trade58
In Case You Were Wondering...