Expressing Our Thoughts
From the beginning...
Watch this video about how to write strong thesis statements.
Ways to Approach a Thesis Statement
There are many ways to approach writing a thesis statement.
Just make sure that it is not simple a fact and that you can support it with good evidence from reliable sources.
Here are some ways to approach it:
- Define a problem and state your opinion about it
- Discuss the current state of an issue or problem and predict how it might resolve
- Put forth a possible solution to a problem
- Look at an issue/topic from a new, interesting perspective
- Theorize how the world might be different today if something had/had not happened in the past
- Compare two or more of something similar and give your rating about them (cars, authors,computers, colleges, books)
- Put out your ideas about how something was influenced to be the way it is or was (music, art, political leadership, genocide)
Examples of Effective Thesis Statements
Recycling is an environment-friendly process. However, there is a need to introduce cheaper and better recycling technology for widespread use.
Lack of large scale public participation in respect of electronic waste recycling is a serious cause of worry.
Efficient and effective recycling requires the large scale participation of the general public to be successful. Any waste management program that does not involve the public is bound to fail.
This generator helps you to formulate and piece together a thesis for your formal composition.