A Message from the Principal
The 2021-2022 school year is now in full swing and we are rolling along at a great pace. Students are learning routines and settling in to their new classes. The staff at Caldwell Elementary is dedicated to ensuring that this school year is a positive experience for ALL students. Teachers are currently administering beginning of the year assessments to gain an understanding of students' current academic levels. This information will be shared with all parents during parent-teacher conferences held in October.
Now that beginning of the year testing is almost complete, our students are digging into the curriculum for their grade level. You can support your student at home by making sure they read every night. It is also very beneficial for kids to hear you or a family member read aloud. This models good reading behaviors and builds interest in books. Students should be coming home with library books. We also have a library of online books through the platform Sora. Your students can access this library of digital books by logging in through clever. Most students already know how to do this, but all students will be receiving a lesson on Sora from our librarian within the next couple of weeks.
At Caldwell we believe that it takes everyone working together as a team to ensure kids learn and grow. We are here and on your team. If you need any help or support, please let us know.
Character Trait of the Month
Click on the book titles below for your students to listen to a story about the Character Trait of the Month.
Our School Day
7:15 Doors Open
7:15-7:35 Free Breakfast
7:35 Tardy Bell
2:50 Dismissal (All Grade Levels)
- Click to read details about our Virtual Open House that will be held on Thursday, September 9th from 5:30pm-7:10pm. We want to see ALL of our Caldwell families join us on Zoom for this important event!
- Don't forget to show your appreciation for the Caldwell teachers and staff! Use the "Teacher and Staff Shout-Out" button to send a message of thanks to anyone on the White Tiger Team. Your message will be sent directly to them and published in the next addition of the Caldwell Connection.
- We still have room for another parent representatives for our Campus Academic Advisory Committee (CAAC). This site based decision making team works with the principal to approve and monitor the campus improvement plan and professional development plan. It is important that we have parent input on this committee. The committee will meet 4-5 times throughout the school year. If you are interested in serving on the committee, please complete this form and Mrs. Dossey will reach out to you.
- Please complete the FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION. Despite all students having access to free breakfast and lunch, it is very important that we collect this information from families. Part of our campus funding is directly tied to the information provided on this form.
- Please send a reusable water bottle to school with your child each day. We cannot use the water fountains at this time, but we do have refill stations available.
- Talk with your student about the importance of staying hydrated. The temperature has been hot recently. We are monitoring the weather daily and limiting out time outdoors when needed. However, we need your help with encouraging your child to drink water throughout the day.
- If your child needs help unbuckling or a lot of assistance getting out of the car in the morning, please park and walk your child across the cross walk to the door. Please do not park or get out of your vehicle in the car line.
- Please remember to be safe at dismissal and always use the crosswalks.
Return to Learn: COVID Updates
- Please always refer to the PfISD Return to Learn Website for the most up to date information.
- At this time, all community events will be held virtually, including our upcoming Open House. Although we will hold these events via Zoom, it is still important for family members to join and participate.
Protective measures, including the use of face coverings, are highly encouraged for all staff, students and visitors regardless of vaccination status. At this time, masks will be required for students, staff, and visitors when attending Pflugerville ISD, in accordance with the current Travis County mask order. We are awaiting a final Supreme Court Order relating to Travis County's Order and expect it to be issued soon.
- Please review health and safety procedures with your child at home. Here are some videos that you can watch together. Proper Handwashing; Cough and Sneeze Etiquette; Social Distancing; Alternatives to Handshakes and High Fives
- 9th Virtual Open House 5:30pm-7:10pm
- 15th Dot Day - Read more! - Wear dots to school
- 8th Parent-Teacher Conferences (*Classroom Teachers will communicate more information.) NO SCHOOL
- 11th Staff and Student Holiday NO SCHOOL
- 12th Second 9-weeks Grading Period Begins
- 14th Report Cards for First 9-weeks Go Home
- 29th Book Character Dress Up Day
- To Mrs. Helms: Thank you for communicating with the parents every week of what our children are learning in class and especially sharing all the great pictures of them working so hard. From: Louie’s mom
- To Ms. Ashley, Ms. Jessica, and Ms. Nicole - The Pegasus Team: Our child loves Pegasus because of you awesome ladies! From: Chris and Sarah Gregory