The Superstar Special
Newsletter for the C.L. Smith Elementary Superstars
Families came to play and learn at Family Math Night
Miss Villa helps the SLO FD at our Fire Prevention Assembly
Mrs. Cecchettini's Kinder students learn to take turns, work cooperatively and practice letters and sounds.
From the Principal:
It's November and time for the first round of parent conferences for the school year. Your classroom teacher should be getting final confirmation for the date and time of your conference very soon! To help prepare you for conferences here are a few tips:
Before the conference:
- Talk with your child, and ask what they like/don't like about school, and what they want you to ask or share with their teacher.
- Write down any questions or concerns you may have, so you don;t forget to address them in the conference
During the conference:
- Be on time. The conferences are on a tight schedule to make certain that teachers can spend quality time with each family. If you are running late, call the office to reschedule.
- Listen to the teacher's explanation of your child's progress and goals for the year.
- Ask important questions first, in case you run out of time. If you feel you need more time, ask to schedule another session when you can have more time.
After the conference:
- Share what you discussed in the conference with your child, emphasizing the positive.
- Stay in touch with the teacher, read through all school notices to stay informed and get involved in what is happening to show your child that school is important.
- Ask questions if you are uncertain or have other worries.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break!
Bits and Pieces
School Site Council Ballot: We had our first SSC meeting on September 24 and established a ballot for new parent members to the council. The following parents would like to serve on Site Council for the next two years:
Erin Helfman (parent of a 1st grader and Kindergartner)
Paola Alvarado (parent of a preschooler and second grader)
Hallie Fraysier (parent of a 5th grader)
Cari Shaw (parent of a 3rd grader)
We will be voting in our new parent members at our next meeting on October 14 at 3:00 pm. All are invited to attend.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- November 5 Picture Retake Day
- November 6 NO SCHOOL Teacher Work day
- November 10 PTA meeting Please join us at 6:00pm!
- November 11 NO School Veteran's Day
- November 13 Schoolwide Friday Fun Day (Volunteers Needed 1:45-2:45)
- November 16-20 Parent Conferences Early Dismissal K-6th
- November 23-27 NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Break
- November 30 Trimester Superstar Assembly
- December 2 Acrobat Assembly