NHPA Number 4
What having Bi-polar disorder means
Having Bi-polar disorder means having two distinct poler opposites in mood. Bi-polar disorder is the name used to describe a set of 'mood swing' conditions, the most sever form of which used to be called 'manic depression'.
Symptoms of Bi-polar disorder
BI-polar disorder can be bad if you don't know how to spot it if you have it and some of the symptoms are:
- having 'highs' where your mood is more 'up' than usual
- having episodes of clinical depression
There is no sure way to prevent bi-polar disorder but getting it checked at the first sign of a mental health disorder can help prevent it and other mental conditions.
If you have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder the best ways to prevent minor symptoms becoming full-blown mania or depression are:
- Pay attention to the warning signs
- Avoid alcohol and drugs
- Take medication exactly as directed
- Check first before taking other medication