Somalia Immigration to Minnesota
- Better jobs
- More freedom
- Better housing
- Not many good paying jobs
- Not a good place to live
- Lots of violence
- Migrants traveling long distances usually settle in urban areas. Because there are better job.
- Most migrants are adults with no kids. Because it's easier to travel to different countries with no kids
Where they live and work
Most of Somalians live in Twin Cities. Most work in food processing and meat packing
What are the challenges?
- Their main challenge is finding jobs other than in the meat/food industry
- They also have a challenge with discrimination