ISOK High School
From the Principal's Desk
Dear ISOK Families,
Welcome to the start of a new school year! We realize this has been, and continues to be, a deeply unsettling time for communities across our country. Though many things are still uncertain, please rest assured that students’ education at K12-powered schools is not one of them. The dedicated educators and staff at ISOK are committed to providing consistency in every student’s life with a high-quality, engaging, and personalized academic experience this year.
As you can imagine, we are seeing unprecedented interest in ISOK programs from families. Based on this increased demand, teams have been hard at work strengthening operations to better serve each student’s learning needs. Onboarding processes for both students and staff are ongoing.
K12 is working hard to get all students exactly what they need but there are a few back ordered items and delays in the technology department. Thank you so much for your understanding and we greatly appreciate your patience. Please keep in communication with teachers and admin, but students will not be penalized for the delay. Teacher's will continue to communicate with you and will work with individual students once they receive all of their items.
During this process, we are asking for your patience with possible delays in logging into your online classes and potential issues accessing your courses in the online school. Students may experience these events between Wednesday August 26 through Monday, September 14, as these are high volume start of school weeks.
Please know that any initial challenges students may face will be resolved in the coming days and weeks.
If a student’s log-in attempt is delayed:
· Please avoid opening up new tabs to login and avoid logging in using a different browser or device. This will only further delay your log-in attempt.
· Work with your teacher to identify alternative assignments and complete school work on supplementary websites. Teachers will send emails to students with work to complete if the outages are extensive.
· Keep hands-on, offline alternatives available. To prepare, students and families may consider reviewing scheduled school assignments for the next day that don’t require computer support. Please do your best to download any necessary documents in advance and record key details such as Exact Path, ICAP, USA Test Prep, or other supplemental materials sent from teachers.
If a student’s course setup is delayed:
· Continue to check the K12 Help Page for updates at: https://www.help.k12.com/s/article/Service-Disruption. All updates will be added to this link as they are made available.
· Keep open communication with teachers by logging into your school email at portal.office.com. Note that your username and log-in information are the same as your online school username and login.
· Call our Customer Support team. Please keep in mind that some school phone lines may temporarily experience higher than normal call volume, and you may temporarily experience higher than normal wait times.
Please know that throughout the school year, ISOK relies on its trusted partner K12—and its more than 20 years of experience delivering online programs—for ISOK’s curriculum development, teacher training, and technology to meet students’ specific needs.
We are excited about the start of a new school year and appreciate your support as we continue to serve the growing ISOK community.
Mr. Karl Safe
ISOK High School Principal
Required Assessments in Star360
All students in 9th-12th grades will take Star360 assessments this year for math and reading. These will be taken in August, December, and May. Additionally, all students will be taking a USA Test Prep assessment in October and March to ensure students are meeting their grade level standards and to simulate state testing. These assessments are required and help our teachers target instruction to meet students’ needs and ensure growth. It is important that students complete these assessments on their own, without assistance from learning coaches or other sources.
Your teachers will also send out information to complete Star360 assessments, but students may begin now to complete them. They must be completed by Friday August 14th.
· Log in website: https://global-zone08.renaissance-go.com/welcomeportal/7139830
• Username: Your Student ID (ex: 123456)
• Password: Your first name in lowercase and last 3 numbers of your Student ID (ex: phillip456)
• Everyone will take a Star Reading test and a Star Math test (do not take Early Literacy).
• Honest efforts rewarded – Do your best (how much time you take on it is monitored), complete it, and receive points upon completion.
If you get kicked out and it asks for a Monitor Password, that password is: admin
Need some tutoring help?
•Access Brainfuse HelpNow.
•Select "Live Tutoring"
•Select your grade and subject.
•Click "Get Live Help" to enter the online classroom; you will be connected with a tutor who will provide online assistance.
•Online tutors are available from 3pm-12am daily.
The Insight School of Oklahoma does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access educational programs and activities. As required by Title IX, the Insight School of Oklahoma does not discriminate on the basis of gender, in its educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Title IX non-discrimination matters:
- Angie Foust, Title IX Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (405) 835-2133 ext 2069, 1156 S Douglas, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.