September 16, 2016
Thought of the Week. . .
--Nicholas A. Ferroni
This Week's Scoop
- Friday when the bell rings at either 7:50, 7:55, or 8:55, take a minute to check the time your watch or phone says. We will never get our clocks in sync because they are not centrally connected. However, we will run more smoothly if everyone is on the same time. The official time at MDE is marked by the bells that ring, so figure out how many minutes you need to add or subtract from your personal time device so that you can sync up with MDE time.
- Want to tweet from your classroom but feel nervous about putting student faces "out there"? You've probably noticed that some photos have smilies over the students' faces. It's easy to add these through the Twitter app. As long as you cover the faces, you're protecting all students. Ask me or your colleagues if you'd like to see how this works.
- I know I haven't been in classrooms much this week. I want you to know this is because I've been doing goals conferences, attending district meetings, and going to PTA coffees. I will get back to my visits next week, and I'm looking forward to it! Visiting your rooms is the best part of my job.
- Parents have started signing up to help monitor for lunch duty. Please give me honest feedback as to how it is going. Also, please email me guidelines you think we need to put into place to make it useful to you have them helping in the cafeteria.
- Thank you for your hard work on Back to School Night. I know it's tiring to stay into the evening and to do a presentation for parents. I heard lots of positive comments and statements of how much you are appreciated.
- If you haven't already done so, please take a few minutes to join the MDE PTA to show them how much we appreciate their support.
Thanks for a job well done. Feel free to leave at 3:15, and have a great weekend!
Our Four Be's
- Be Professional & Positive
- Be Flexible & Open to Ideas with Emphathy (without judgment or when people do not agree)
- Be Committed to Supporting Each Other & Building Camaraderie (through clear and frequent communication)
- Be Confidential and Trustworthy
Some photo highlights tweeted this week. . . .
Interesting reading. . .
PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTIONS. . . .
Remember--Every Thursday is a team lunch day!
September 17: Julie Borg's birthday
September 19-23: Book Fair Week
September 19: Culture and Climate Committee Meeting
September 19: Progress Report Grades due
September 21: Pinwheels for Peace
September 21: Google Apps for Education training
September 23: Progress reports go home
September 25: Talya Robertson's birthday
September 26-30: Go Gold Week
October 3: CIT Meeting
October 3: Ann Shepherd's birthday
October 10: Holiday
October 11-14: Success Week (AKA college and career week)
October 12: PK Mother Goose performance
October 12: PTA General Meeting
October 13: PTA teacher luncheon