The Great Sphinx!
By: Kori Aitken & Carter Lewis
- The Sphinx is located near the Great Pyramid of Giza at 29.97521 degrees North and 31.137453 degrees East.
- The Sphinx is 20 meters high and 73 meters long.
- The Sphinx is made of limestone, and has 2.3 million limestone blocks, each weighing 2.5 tons each which = 5,000 pounds. WOW!
- The Sphinx was thought to be built by Khafre.
- It is also thought to be the face of Khafre.
- Large human headed lion with a pharaoh's headdress that is called Nemes.
- If you look closely at the Sphinx you can see that the nose is missing.
- The human head is a symbol of intellect and the lion's body is a symbol of power.
- There are possible secret rooms inside!!!
- The Sphinx was thought to ward off evil spirits from Khafre's tomb.
- Many legends are about the Sphinx... HERE'S ONE!!!
THE STORY OF THE SPHINX
A prince of the pharaoh had a dream that the Sphinx said "If you uncover me, you will become the next pharaoh of Egypt." So the prince gathered a group of workers and uncovered the Sphinx from the sand. When the pharaoh died a few weeks later he became the pharaoh.
That's only some of the secrets of the Sphinx - others are waiting to be uncovered - And that's the Production's end.