May 13, 2022
We are in the final stretch, so please keep pushing and supporting your student(s) to finish STRONG!!
As we move into the summer, I wanted to provide some information that will be helpful should you need to contact the school.
- Office Hours will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9am-3pm. (beginning week of May 30)
- The Counseling Department closes Friday, June 3rd. After this date, school counselors are off contract, so please be aware that, if emailed, there is not an expectation for them to answer.
- Need an administrator? There will be one or more here throughout the summer.
All the best,
Dr. Mike Todd
Use the Last Month of Summer to Set The Tone
WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!! Summer break is on the horizon and we're all excited! Summer break provides the opportunity to prepare and set the tone for the upcoming school year. Use the last month of break to build excitement, engage in conversations with your children about school, the friends they'll make, new skills they'll learn and of course, the importance of ATTENDANCE! Have a wonderful and safe summer...SEE YA IN AUGUST! 🙂
Mental Health Awareness Month
Mental health is wealth, especially during Mental Health Awareness Month, which is celebrated in May. The stigma around mental health and treatment has long existed, even though this has started to change. Still, people hesitate to seek help or even talk about it with their loved ones for fear of being judged and facing unnecessary backlash. Simple logic dictates that if we are hurt anywhere, we must seek treatment to get better. This applies to both our mental- and physical well-being. Chattahoochee High School supports our community by providing access to resources to assist families with any mental health need. Below are a couple of immediate resources that are available to you.The Student Support Team, School Counselors, School Social Worker, and School Psychologist are here to help!
School Nutrition Offers FREE Remote Learning Day Meal Kit
To ensure children have continued access to essential nutrition, Fulton County School Nutrition is increasing efforts to expand meal kit distribution for enrolled Fulton County students. School Nutrition will provide students a one-day meal kit at no charge for the May 24, 2022, Remote Learning Day.
On Monday, May 23, 2022, students will pick-up a meal kit that contains 1 breakfast & 1 lunch, to be consumed during the Remote Learning Day. Meal kits will be available at the doors to the bus canopy during dismissal.
9th-11th Grade Final Exams - Spring 2022
Summer School Information
Registration is open for both face-to-face Summer School at Johns Creek HS as well as Fulton Virtual and GA Virtual! Parents/guardians should check their student’s transcript on Infinite Campus under the Documents tab to see which courses need to be retaken, both from prior years and this current school year – check your student’s total # of earned credits as well. Please keep in mind that not every course is offered in the Summer. Directions to register and additional information for each option is below. After June 3rd, please contact Johns Creek HS with any Summer School questions.
As a reminder, students must have earned the following # of credits by August 1, 2022 to be listed in each grade:
- 10th grade – must have earned 5.0 credits
- 11th grade – must have earned 11.0 credits
- 12th grade – must have earned 17.0 credits
Face-to-face Summer School at Johns Creek High School - June 8th – July 8th
- Regular registration closes on May 26th
- Late registration for classes that still have availability will be in person at Johns Creek HS on June 6th and 7th
- To register, go to https://www.fultonschools.org/Page/18470 and click on the link on the right side under Summer Learning Registration
*NO tuition required for students retaking a course they previously failed*
- Abbreviated transportation is available. Please check the Summer School website above closer to the start date for specific stop and time information for your student.
- Students who require Special Education transportation per their IEP must register by April 27th to ensure their route is in place for the first day of Summer School.
Fulton Virtual - June 1st – July 13th
- To register, go to www.fultonschools.org and click on the ClassLink icon in the green bar
- Login to ClassLink (Username and Password are the student’s credentials they use to log into their school device and email)
- Click on the Genius – Fulton Virtual icon
- Students are permitted to take up to 2.0 total credits in the Summer – however, we do not recommend students take more than 1.0 credit on Fulton Virtual due to the amount of time they are expected to spend on their classes each day.
- Required for students taking a course for the first time
- $225 per 0.5 credit/semester course, $450 per 1.0 credit/year-long course
- Students approved for free or reduced-cost lunch: $180 per 0.5 credit/semester course, $360 per 1.0 credit/year-long course
*NO tuition required for students retaking a course they previously failed*
- Students must meet the completion benchmarks below to stay enrolled in their Fulton Virtual courses. If they do not meet the benchmarks, they will be administratively dropped by FVS and will not receive a refund of tuition.
- 33% complete by June 15th at 11:59 pm
- 50% complete by June 22nd at 11:59 pm
- 66% complete by June 29th at 11:59 pm
GA Virtual – June 6th – July 14th
- Opens March 15th at www.gavirtualschool.org
- Courses offered - https://www.gavirtualschool.org/Course-Info/Summer-2022-Courses
- Students must first create an account at https://gavs.geniussis.com/PublicWelcome.aspx to register for their classes
- Do not create a new/duplicate account if you have trouble logging in to an existing account! Students should submit a GAVS helpdesk ticket or email Nikki Walker at Nicole.Walker@gavirtualschool.org for assistance with accessing existing accounts.
- Be sure to indicate the correct selections for the following fields – any other selections you make will send the course requests to another high school!
- Out of State = No
- Program = GAVS
- County of Residence = Fulton
- Student Type = Public
- District = Fulton County
- School = Chattahoochee High School
- Course requests will be processed by the school counselors each Friday, so please be patient.
- $250 per 0.5 credit/semester course, $500 per 1.0 credit/year-long course for all students
MEDICATION PICK UP NOTICE
Parents, please remember to pick up any medication that your child may have in the clinic by dismissal on the last day of school. All ADHD, Anti-Anxiety, or Seizure medications MUST be picked up by a parent. OTC meds, Inhalers or Epi-pens can be picked up by the student. Any medication left in the clinic by the end of the last day of school will be disposed of. We are not able to store medications over the summer break.
If your student will be returning in August for the 2022-2023 school year, a new Medication Authorization form, (SHS-1; SHS-2) and/or Heath Care Plan for your child will need to be completed by you and your Physician. You can retrieve new forms at: https://www.fultonschools.org/Page/7525
Hope you all have a great summer!
Please ensure that your son/daughter has completed the Senior exit Survey (in Naviance). This is a district requirement. Graduation tickets for those students who have not yet completed the survey will be withheld until it is complete.
Also, please know the request for final transcripts to be sent to the college of attendance is also a part of that survey. So, this is a very important task for all our Seniors.
Finally, it is imperative that the Senior Name Pronunciation form (in Naviance) is submitted for the graduation ceremony. This will assist us in correctly pronouncing names during the graduation ceremony. Please check with your student to make sure this task is completed right away.
Track and Field – GHSA State Championships are taking place in Carrollton, Ga. on May 12th, 13th, and 14th. Congratulations and Good Luck to these outstanding Track and Field athletes.
Dana McDaniel- shot put and discus
4x800m Boys- Will Murphy, Diego Santiago, Tanner Coleman, Chris Connolly
Semira Andrews- 100m
Tyler Lowe- 200m and 400m
Sydney Harmon- 300m Hurdles
Diego Santiago- 3200m
4x400m Girls- Autumn Cotton, Tyler Lowe, Sydney Harmon, Kaya Booker
Boys Golf – GHSA state championships in Jekyll Island on Monday and Tuesday, May 16th and 17th. Best of luck to them as they compete for a state championship.
Girls Tennis – Made it to the Final 4!
Boys Tennis – Made it to the Final 4!
Girls Lacrosse – Made it to the Elite 8!
Girls Soccer – Made it to the Final 4!
Administrators and Department Chairs
Jonathan Adel - ELA and Fine Arts
David White; ELA; Whitedp@fultonschools.org
Lori Buonamici; Fine Arts; BuonamiciL@fultonschools.org
Garrett Abelkop - Math, PE, World Language, and TAG
Beth Smith; Math; Smithec@fultonschools.org
J.J. Hicks; PE; Hicksj@fultonschools.org
Nadia Ali; World Language; Aliahmady@fultonschools.org
Amanda Wile; TAG; Wile@fultonschools.org
Gwen Harris - Science and CTAE
Matt Mihordea; Science; Mihordea@fultonschools.org
Kylie Dayton; CTAE; Daytonk@fultonschools.org
Ingrid Parham - Social Studies and IRR
Tim Reeder; Social Studies; Reedert@fultonschools.org
Jeanne Dongieux; IRR; Dongieux@fultonschools.org