Christian Group Counseling Workshop
Overcoming Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression & Complex Trauma
Sign Up Now
Saturday, Aug. 22nd, 9am to Sunday, Aug. 23rd, 6pm
207 U.S. 27
Sunday: 1 pm to 6 pm
THE REST APPROACH
The REST Approach is an interactive and intimate Christian Group Counseling Workshop designed (1) to bring people into deeper relationship with Christ, and (2) to help individuals process and heal from psychological distress including symptoms of anxiety, depression and complex trauma.
The four components of the REST Approach are embedded in the scripture of Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Rest & Repent in Christ
Embrace Your SAGA (Self-Awareness & God-Awareness)
Settle Your Thoughts & Feelings
Trust & Testify by Telling Your Story and Sharing Your Testimony
2-DAY INTENSIVE WORKSHOP
Group size is limited to 6-8 participants.
Cost is $100 per participant. This includes 10 hours of group counseling, The Rest Approach Workbook, and a journal and pen.
INTERACTIVE AND LIFE-CHANGING
Participants will learn...
- The Importance of Dialectics
- Evidence-based psychosomatic treatment interventions such as diaphragmatic breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, visualization, guided imagery, prayer-based emotional freedom tapping (EFT), somatic soothing and the "mindfulness what and how skills" of dialectical behavioral therapy.
- Christ-Centered Compassion & Connection
- The Importance of REST
- The Importance of Forgiveness
- Self-Awareness & God-Awareness (SAGA)
- The Power of Three
- Challenging Cognitive Distortions
- How to Regulate Emotions
- The Concept of FAME (Feelings, Affect, Mood & Emotions)
- The Concept of Soul Alignment & How to Align their Soul to the Spirit of God
EXPERIENCE TRUE FREEDOM
The goal of this workshop is to provide women with an opportunity to overcome symptoms of anxiety, depression, and identify confusion and instability through intimate and reflective psychological and spiritual growth.
By providing a structured, confidential and intimate environment participants are safe to share their deepest thoughts and feelings related to self-awareness and God-awareness (SAGA).
Participants will be able to:
- Address all aspects of self through Spirit, Soul & Body Awareness
- Have an abundant opportunity to engage in personal reflection, partner discussion and group discussion.
- Read, Write, Think and Talk about scripture and how it applies to their own walk with Christ.
- Create a Personal Counseling Toolbox by learning a variety of counseling techniques from Narrative Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Other Trauma-Based Therapies.
Christian-based therapy focuses on the transformation of self through fellowship with God, relationship with Jesus and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Christians rely on the Bible to teach us who we are, who God is, and how to grow in relationship with him. The goal is not to do everything in our own power. It’s just the opposite. It’s to be yoked to Christ so that we can give our burdens to him, and experience true freedom.
To learn more, complete the The REST Approach Interest Survey Now
Hello. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional who is trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PET). I hold two fitness certifications and have taught a variety of classes in the areas of mindfulness and exercise. Over the last four years, I self-published two books, Memoirs of Spiritual Healing After Adultery and Redefining Self: A Christian-Based Personal Development and Career Fulfillment Workbook. In January, 2020, I also started a Holy Spirit-inspired blog called Breaking Strongholds. Please visit my website to learn more about me. Thank you.