Veterans Day Poetry Contest
"Today's kids; tomorrow's heroes"
After finishing the Achieve 3000 assignment Three War Heroes, reflect upon this quote, "They're tomorrow's heroes, these kids." Here, the Medal of Honor reunion planners were discussing the importance of inviting young people to meet real-life heroes -- veterans -- and insinuating that these young people may be inspired to serve in the military as well, eventually becoming tomorrow's heroes.
For this month's contest, the task is to write a poem titled "Today's Kids; Tomorrow's Heroes" that somehow relates to veterans and/or current members of the military.
- Include your name, grade, and program somewhere on your entry.
- Write a poem titled "Today's Kids; Tomorrow's Heroes" that somehow relates to veterans and/or current members of the military.
- Share your entry with Ms. Tisher via Google Drive (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Entries are due by noon on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- Includes your name, grade and program
- Poem relates back to the prompt
- Quality of writing
- Creativity and originality
- The Literacy Focus Team will vote on one grand prize winner who will receive a $15 Amazon gift card.
- Other quality entries will be recorded being read aloud for inclusion in the pre-recorded Veterans Day ceremony that will be shared with all TCTC staff and students. (You will not have to read your poem aloud in front of a live audience! Anyone not comfortable reading their poetry aloud and sharing it with the school can choose not to.)