Veterans Day Writing Contest
On November 11th each year, our nation celebrates veterans who have selflessly served and protected our great country and its freedoms. At TCTC, we will hold a school-wide assembly to honor all veterans with a special focus on the ones closest to us. Your writing could be a part of this event! The task is to write a letter or a poem related to Veterans Day. The format is up to you - you can choose to direct your letter or poem to someone in particular or to veterans in general.
- Include your name, grade, and program on your entry.
- Make sure your writing is related to the prompt.
- Do your best with spelling and grammar.
- Be creative and original.
- Share your entry with Ms. Tisher via Google Drive (email@example.com)
- Entries are due by Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
- The Literacy Focus Team will vote on one grand prize winner who will receive a $15 Amazon gift card.
- Quality entries will be included in the Veterans Day program. (If you are uncomfortable doing this or would prefer your entry not to be included, that's ok too.)