SPS District 186 Parent Engagement Roundtable
Qualified School Construction Bonds:
- School board passed a resolution to apply for $16M in these interest free bonds.
- Funds can only be used for improvements and remodeling projects.
- Projects must be ‘Shovel Ready’, which means it must be done in short time frame.
- Remodel: upgrade lockers & plumbing in Locker rooms and high school bathrooms
- Would like to increase cafeteria size and add classrooms at middle schools.
ACT/SAT are college entrance exams Juniors take in Illinois.
Last ten years District 186 has used ACT and it was part of the Prairie State tests
District 186 school board voted to provide ACT on April 19th during the school day at no cost to students this year.
186 Parent and Student Roundtables
The Student Roundtable sponsored its First Annual Unity Day! This was an event for students from all four high schools on Jan. 23, 2016, Saturday - 3:30 to 5pm at the Prairie Capital Convention Center. It was a huge success! See links below.
The Parent Roundtable welcomed visitors to the All City Basketball tournament again this year! They also sold Unity T-shirts, passed out free buttons to promote unity and helped with the “Slam Dunk for the community!” food drive for St. Martin DePorres Center.
Event was January 28, 2016 from 6 to 7:30PM
Springfield High School- 101 South Lewis Street
(Parking on Washington & Parker Streets)
Open to all!
F.A.C.E.Camp is the 2nd District F.A.C.E. event of the year! Participants will learn and network with school staff, family and community members in a new ‘unconference’ format.
Dinner and Childcare provided if needed.
Parent Engagement Roundtable Meeting
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 5:30pm
1900 W Monroe St
RSVPs are enabled for this event.