By: Kauren Momin and Sarah Dabdoub
All About Anita Roddick
- Anita Roddick was born on Oct 23rd, 1942.
- She married Gordon Roddick and had two daughters named, Samantha and Justine.
- Her parents were Italian immigrants that had recently arrived to England.
- She was a British human's right activist, and the founder of The Body Shop.
- She is famous for the famous, tremendous Body Shop.
- The Body Shop sells products that were made with natural ingredients.
- She founded an orphanage called Children on the Edge for kids living in part of Europe and Asia.
- Before The Body Shop. Anita trained as a teacher before working for the United Nations.
- Working with the United Nations allowed her to meet people from all around the world. She received over ten awards for being amazing.
- She received a scholarship to study in Israel, but she was expelled after an incident.
- She attended Spa Bath University.
- She donated $1.8 million to Amnesty International's School for Activism.
- On September 10th, 2007, she died from a massive brain hemorrhage.
- Her net worth was estimated at over $200 million.
The Body Shop
- The Body Shop is a body shop that sells all natural products.
- All of their products are animal cruelty free.
- It was founded on March 26, 1972.
- The Body Shop is part of the L'Oreal family.
- The Body Shop now has several new products and they're selling things internationally all around the world.
"If you think your to small to make a difference, you've never been to bed with a mosquito."
Business As Unusual: The Journey of Anita Roddick