Cordelia Hills Staff Update
I am going to outline WHAT I know below but I am just being honest that there are many unanswered questions. I know our staff is strong, professional, and prepared to make the start of the year spectacular. I look forward to leading Cordelia Hills on your behalf.
What I Do Know!
Email Sandi Fallon if you'd like to arrange a time to pick up keys. Please text me anytime you plan on being on campus in the next two weeks.
Curriculum will be both digital and hard copies. This FSUSD Materials document outlines what curriculum will go home at the start of the year and what will be digital.
We will be able to provide additional materials to students. The goal would be to bag up materials (and curriculum) for pick-up by students on Day One and Day Two of school. I have emailed grade level leads and I know they are working with you on what this would look like.
Chromebook Distribution is still being hashed out. We expect devices for new students to go out with plenty of time before the 19th.
We have at least 49 students moving to Virtual Academy. That means enrollments, student lists, etc. WILL change. I am eager for you to meet and reach out to your students but just know it is likely to change a bit. You may consider reaching out as a grade level first. Don't worry if you have already reached out but just know changes are bound to happen.
Our first staff meeting will be held virtually on August 17th. I will likely arrange another voluntary meeting before that but I don't want to waste your time with meeting and not having all the answers.
Site Safety Protocols
2. Please complete the self-screener before coming in to campus.
3. All staff must wear a mask at all times while working at their work stations or in classrooms with others. A mask must be worn by classified staff even when they are socially distanced. Staff who is working alone in a room or building may take their mask off.
4. While staff are working and having conversations with one another, ensure they maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing and are wearing a mask.
5. Staff Lounge may be used to warm up food or to store food (currently). Please wear a mask and distance in the lounge.
6. Please contact the office before entering.
7. The staff workroom is accessible but please wear a mask and remember to distance.
Maily Wester, Library Tech: Maily is a local resident with extensive experience with managing systems in a large court reporting firm. She has two children in the District. Maily has also recently worked at Solano Community College. We are eager to have her join our team and know that she will play an integral role, especially here at the start of the year.
Charlotte Galzote, TAP 4/5: Charlotte is taking over as the teacher for our TAP 4/5 program. She has experience as a substitute in our District and she actually has a first grader here at Cordelia Hills. She is eager and ready to tackle this position and we are so excited to have her.
Kristine Jackson, TAP Para-Educator: Kristine returns to our campus after being at Oakbrook for the last year. She has experience as a para-educator and has Cordelia Hills Coyotes! Welcome!
_______, Attendance Clerk: We have forwarded a name on for attendance clerk and will wait for HR to process the hiring paperwork. Hopefully, I can formally announce the name by next week.