Dalewood UMC Connection
December 27, 2015
Our FUEL program will resume on January 5, 2016 as students return to school. Your donations are requested to help fund this worthy cause of providing food for the weekend for children who would go without. Contact Joyce Yates at 615-226-6316 if you would like to help in any way or if you would like to make a donation church service by writing FUEL on the collection envelope.
- Our next Supper 'n Serve will be on Wednesday, Jan 27, 2016 at 6:00pm. If you have any suggestions for a service project, please contact Pastor Kyle or Cory with your suggestion.
- Debbie Bryant is asking for your help in collecting blankets for the homeless. She feels a strong call to collect as many as possible and needs your help.
- The next SLI meeting will be Jan. 17th; please read The Present Future: Six Tough Questions For the Church by Reggie McNeal before the meeting. All are welcome and invited to attend.
- Your are encouraged to join a ministry team in the New Year and become part of the exciting plans being made for Dalewood.
- We will have a Youth/Parents meeting at 11am on Sunday, January 10. Please try to attend as we discuss plans for 2016.
- Don't forget your turn in your registration for Warmth in Winter if you haven't already!
- We will resume our Wednesday nights at 6:30pm for our Bible Study about how our faith intersects with the world.
- Our Creative Preschool will resume on January 5, 2016. Please advertise our school to your friends and neighbors.
- During the months of January and February, the Children will be collecting hats, gloves, scarfs, and tube socks for the homeless. We need items for all ages, men, women and children. You can leave your donation in the Giving Station in the Narthex.
Our lay leadership committee and the leadership teams have drawn up our budget for next year. Copies are in the church office if you would like one. They have many exciting plans for next year that they will be sharing with you after the holidays.
The Worship Team are moving forward with our search for a Minister of Music and hope to have found someone by the first of the year. Please be in prayer for them as they continue their search for just the right person.
- We continue to pray for Billye Willette, Joyce Yates, Jim Atwell and Allen Johnson.
- We had a meaningful and wonderful Christmas Eve Service and want to thank everyone for their part in it. We celebrate the ups and downs of this last year and look forward with anticipation to the good things God has planned for us in 2016.
We received a check this week from the Kroger Community Rewards program for $121.22. We only have 14 of our families signed up for this easy program that earns the church money that goes to fund our church's ministries.
If you have not signed up for the Kroger Rewards Program, please do so using your Kroger Plus card. It is very easy and is like "free" money for Dalewood. Click on the link below to visit the site.
If you need help with linking your card to Dalewood, we would be happy to help, on Sunday, January 10, after church we will have some computers in the Narthex and some friendly faces to help you do this, all you have to do is bring your Kroger Card and have an email address we can use.