PINE HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
Monday, September 10, 2018
Dear Pine Hollow Parents,
It seems strange to say so early in September, but we are already in our fifth week of school! Our students and staff have definitely hit a rhythm, and everybody seems to be getting into their comfort zone. As we move deeper into the semester, the work will certainly get more challenging, but our staff will continue to remind students about the following simple things that will help them succeed in school:
- utilize your student planner every period,
- be early to class,
- keep your phone away,
- ask/answer questions,
- take notes,
- talk to your partners and group mates, and
- sit up and make eye contact with your teacher.
We know that if kids do these simple things, they are more likely to experience greater success in school - even in subject areas they find to be more difficult. Thank you for your support and for raising such great kids... it's truly been a pleasure observing them in action, and getting to know them!
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
(925) 672-5444 x5500
Back to School Party: Friday, 9/14
The Pine Hollow Leadership Class is hosting our first party of the school year! All students are welcome to join us this Friday for the BACK TO SCHOOL PARTY at Pine Hollow! There will be food, dancing, photo-ops, and fun with friends!
- Friday, September 14, 2018 (3:00-4:30pm)
- Pine Hollow Middle School
- $3.00 with Student Body Card, and $5.00 without (Our ticket sellers will have a list of who purchased a Student Body Card)
- Tickets on sale at lunch at Library Window tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Students must have an official ticket signed by a parent to enter
- School dress code will be enforced
- Inappropriate dancing is not permitted
- Inappropriate behavior or misconduct will result in ejection from the dance and a call home
- Students must stay for the ENTIRE dance unless parent signs student out early
- Parents will sign the back of the ticket giving permission for their child to attend
- The Pine Hollow PTSA is hosting "Coffee with Campo" on Wednesday, September 26 at 7:30am in the Multi Use Room. The informal meeting will give interested parents a chance to hear from Pine Hollow Principal, Ben Campopiano, learn more about the school, ask questions, and share suggestions. The PTSA will be providing light pastries and coffee.
- The next PTSA meeting is scheduled for the same day, Wednesday, September 26 at 6:30pm in the school library. All are welcome!
For information about the Pine Hollow PTSA board of directors, meeting dates, membership information, and more, please click here!
Student Council Elections
Student Council Elections will be held on Tuesday, September 25 during 2nd Period classes. Students who are interested in running for a position listed below should pick up an informational packet in the office starting tomorrow. Applications are due by September 18, so please encourage your child to act quickly if they are interested! Questions can be directed to our Leadership teacher, Mrs. Roberts Farley.
- President (8th Grade)
- Vice President (7th Grade)
- Secretary (7th or 8th Grade)
- Treasurer (7th or 8th Grade)
- Class Representative (There will be up to five 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Class Representatives.)
- Outdoor Basketballs
- Soccer Balls
- Four Square Balls
- Hoola Hoops
- Jump Ropes
Homework Club Starts Tomorrow
The Pine Hollow Homework Club (HWC) starts tomorrow, September 11. HWC is open for 50 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:55 - 3:45pm, and will be held various classrooms. Click here for all the details and to register your child today!