#TPND Thunder Pride Never Dies
Ms. Petru's Fun Fact
Virtual Support May 6th & May 7th
All 6th & 7th graders, and those 8th graders who do not elect to take the STAAR will be engaged in asynchronous assignments with online teacher support available on Thursday, May 6th and Friday, May 7th.
Teachers are available to answer questions from 8:50AM- noon and 1:00PM- 4:10PM, with universal lunch from 12-1PM.
May 7th only -Art/Theater/Fine Arts/Discovery 8:50AM-12 & 1PM- 4:10PM Click here to join the meeting
7th & 8th Grade Social Studies 8:50AM-12 & 1PM- 4:10PM Click here to join the meeting
6th & 7th Grade Social Studies 8:50AM-12 & 1PM- 4:10PM Click here to join the meeting
6th,7th, and 8th Grade ELA 8:50-12 & 1PM- 4:10PM Click here to join the meeting
6th & 7th Grade Math 8:50AM-12 & 1PM-4:10PM Click here to join the meeting
7th, 8th & Algebra 8:50AM-12 & 1PM-4:10PM Click here to join the meeting
6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Science 8:50AM-12 & 1PM- 4:10PM Click here to join the meeting
If your child goes to 7th grade in next semester year, your child needs two more vaccines in order to be compliant with Texas law. You can email the record to Chengfang.email@example.com or drop it at the school clinic. Please be mindful that students who are not compliance with immunizations required by Texas laws must be excluded from school unless exemption (signed in accordance with the provisions of the law) is provided.
Tdap – 1 dose
Meningococcal – 1 dose
Thanks for your cooperation in the care of your child.
Thundercat Teacher of the Month
Hello RTMS Cool Cats and Kittens!
It is time for nominating your favorite Thundercat Teacher/Staff member.
Please fill out the form below by 5/6/21 before 3PM.
If you have any questions please feel free to give us a jingle.
Thank you all for being AWESOME humans!
In closing my RTMS Friends and Family: Never regret a day in your life. Good Days give you happiness and bad days give you experience. Be kind to yourself and each other.
I've invited you to fill out a form:
Gifted & Talented Showcase
The Gifted and Talented Showcase will feature student projects from grades 1-12 via our dedicated YouTube channel. Project videos will publish beginning April 19th at 8:00 a.m. and continue to be added daily. Please come support our Gifted and Talented students: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvtD3Vn3uoVH91Agntmhjgw
Starting this Friday, April 23rd, there are vaccination opportunities for teens (16 years and older) every Friday evening and Saturday until the end of the school year. The “Vaccine for Teen” events are being held at Katy Mills Mall and HCC Missouri City. See the attached flyers for more information and to sign up for an appointment.
6th Grade Sports Camp and Combine
May 17th-20th 4:30 to 6:00 pm
The deadline to register and purchase a shirt for camp is this Sunday May 2nd. Must have a physical on file dated after 4-1-21. Please turn into Coach Alexander or Coach Dobbins.
PREPARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EVALUATION -- MEDICAL HISTORY 2020 This MEDICAL HISTORY FORM must be completed annually by parent (or guardian) and student in order for the student to participate in activities.These questions are designed to determine if the student has developed any condition which would make it hazardous to participate in an event.
Passing of the Mac & Cheese Trophy
The results are in ....
Good news ! Together Baines MS & Thornton MS collected 1821 boxes of Mac and Cheese for the East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry.
Baines collected 954 boxes of Mac & Cheese. Thornton collected 867 boxes of Mac & Cheese.
Congratulations to Baines MS for collecting the trophy !
Congratulations to Thundercat Nation for your community service.
What a wonderful community effort !
Special thanks to RTMS student council for sponsoring this community service project.
Community Advisory Team
Be the voice that your community needs! Apply to serve on a Community Advisory Team (CAT) to share feedback on District topics and your campus community. This is a great opportunity to build your student resume and gain leadership skills in preparation for college applications! CATs will meet four times per year and the District truly needs student support.
Coming to the Lair
8th Grade Week - June 1- June 3
Theme: Leave Your Legacy on Thundercat Nation
- June 1st – Awards Ceremony : Zoom Platform: 6:30- 7:30 PM
- June 2nd - 8th Grade Parade - 8th graders pickup awards 5:00PM- 6:30PM
- June 3rd – One Last Lunch (12:15-1:15) All 8th Graders are invited to a special box lunch at RTMS.
More details to come...
RTMS BIKE TO SCHOOL IDEA FOR ONLINE & FACE TO FACE LEARNERS
RTMS Athletics: Get Your Physical
Attention ALL FUTURE THUNDERCAT ATHLETES for the upcoming 2021-22 School year.
- Get a physical completed by a doctor. Turn the original in to Coach Alexander or Coach Dobbins ASAP or by July 1st 2021.
Option 1 - April 14th 2021 at Elkins HS from 5 to 8 pm - $20
Option 2 - May 5th 2021 at Hopson Field House 6 to 8 pm - $20
Option 3 – Go to your own doctor
- Fill out Online Rank One Forms found. (Place a 0 in front of your ID number)
RTMS STUDENT ABSENCES DUE TO COVID OR QUARANTINE
RTMS Parent Information
Possible Quarantine Scenarios:
1. Student is exposed or tests positive, parent contacts school nurse and completes wellness survey. Student goes into quarantine. Student immediately goes on “on-line Classroom Guest” status.
2. Student assessed by school nurse/clinic, has symptoms consistent with COVID and is sent home. The student has three days to obtain a doctor’s note with a diagnosis.
a. Obtains a written diagnosis from the doctor:
· Positive for COVID – contact tracing occurs and the student does not return to school.
· Negative for COVID – student returns to school after three days.
b. Student does not go to the doctor for a medical diagnosis:
· Student will be quarantined for 10-14 days.
· Student will become a “Classroom Guest” at day four.
Work Flow Steps for COVID:
1. If the student will be out for more than three days, the student will become a “Classroom Guest.” To maintain Schoology systems, the student will receive links to an online teacher while out. However, they will continue to do the work of their F2F teacher.
2. AP will follow-up to ensure the student received links as a “Classroom Guest.”
3. Counselor will notify teachers when the student is expected back on campus to resume regular F2F instruction.
**Classroom Guest – term for new online learners who transitioned to online learning from F2F due to quarantine or medical reason.